Review of America Dies - When Based Upon Lies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Daisy Lou
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daisy-lou.html
Latest Review: Relish Your Retirement by Florance Philip
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 38%

Review of America Dies - When Based Upon Lies

Post by Daisy Lou »

[Following is a volunteer review of "America Dies - When Based Upon Lies" by Moswee M. Peach.]
Book Cover
1 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Review of “America Dies When Based Upon Lies” by Mosswee M. Peach:

Upon selecting this book, I couldn’t help but notice the author’s playful pseudonym, reminiscent of ‘Must We Impeach.’ Initially, I wondered if this indicated a tongue-in-cheek approach hinting at potential political satire. Reality proved otherwise. As I delved into the pages, it became evident that this was not a professionally written op-ed but a manifesto.

In the introduction, the author shares their strong beliefs about a figure they feel is unsuitable for their role as Commander in Chief without explicitly naming the individual. As the report progresses, Peach’s sentiments towards Donald Trump and his supporters become apparent with his incessant insults toward them. Published in 2020 during Donald Trump’s reelection campaign, Peach’s book criticizes the former president, whom he calls “the Resident.” The author interweaves religious references, including bible verses, alongside derogatory terms, and statements about Trump, such as “He (Trump) seems to be an empty vessel into which someone poured evil magic…” Peach resorts to calling the former president names: “Bozo, super narcissist, clown, charlatan, Svengali.”

As the author revisits the topic of COVID-19 multiple times, he/she expresses discontent and frustration with the GOP. Although Anthony Fauci was a critical key figure at the time, he is not mentioned.
Regrettably, “America Dies When Based Upon Lies” by Mosswee M. Peach lacks substance, resembling more of a gossip-laden diatribe than a constructive political critique. Peach’s overreliance on qualifiers like “possibly,” “seemingly,” “apparently,” and others suggests opinions rather than substantiated claims. The book’s credibility is further diminished by its absence of references and the use of words written in all caps to convey the author’s anger. Additionally, the text suffers from formatting issues, such as strange numbers frequently appearing between words nonsensically. Distracting punctuation choices detract from the overall experience as well.

The book would greatly benefit from editing to enhance readability and coherence. The multitude of issues I encountered led to a one-star rating from me. In conclusion, while "America Dies When Based Upon Lies" offers a distinct perspective, its appeal may be restricted to a narrow audience.

America Dies - When Based Upon Lies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Daisy Lou :character-ariel:

"Anything you can imagine you can make real." -Jules Verne

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”