Official Review: Discrimination and Harassment One woman...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MUHAMMAD ASIF FAZAL
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Official Review: Discrimination and Harassment One woma

Post by MUHAMMAD ASIF FAZAL »

Really Good Book!
josjos
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by josjos »

8) the book really explains what is happening in our society . I am from Africa and you women now are triying to come out of the men bondage , but its had out there if you work among men you get sexually harassed , emotionally I recommend this book to all though ave not read it all I would like to read it
slambaja
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by slambaja »

i agree with the book totally
Petrah
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-petrah.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by Petrah »

That's a wonderful review. This is definitely a book I'm going to read, not only because it has few grammatical errors, (I tend to spot errors from miles away) but mostly because I'm in a male dominated career. I have not experienced this kind of discrimination myself but I know senior colleagues who have, and how they handled the issue has made it easier for me and other junior colleagues. I salute the author too for speaking up. Often times women don't realize that these attacks are not against them as individuals but against womankind as a whole, and that going silent only means there will be another victim of discrimination.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
julius muhodho

Post by julius muhodho »

:idea2:
Chepkemoi95 wrote:Great Review! I think this book is great. Sexism and discrimination is all over and an author who tackles such issues with calmness, portrays maturity and wisdom.
keneth Korir

Post by keneth Korir »

The book "Discrimination and Harassment One Woman" I found it the best and can be used to teach the society concerning gender equality and the role of women, it's informative at the same time factual.I rate it 4 out of 4 stars
AndreaR
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by AndreaR »

I am intrigued by the reviews, having lived through a similar situation as a young professional. I look forward to reading this book and learning more about the author's story.
salywangui
Currently Reading: Superhighway

Post by salywangui »

this book should be a must read for most women,especially in Africa.
TangledinText
Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookfix-blog.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Post by TangledinText »

Congratulations for being chosen book of the month.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
aleburu friday

Post by aleburu friday »

i think every ladies needs this book. most especially women pusuing. a career .and most importantly Nigeria women
This book will make so much sales in africa particularly Nigeria. Hot topic such as this our women are Very much interest.
Reymart Callao
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Reymart Callao »

It's a common issue also here in our country because they thought about woman's capacity is under man's but in this story the woman here pursue and proved to everyone that she can do the hard things that a man can do!
raikyuu
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3079">The Republic</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raikyuu.html
Latest Review: Who killed Chatunga? by Muvhaki Tasu

Post by raikyuu »

It may be said that gender equality may have improved for the last 50 years. I like how the book attempts to show the progress of gender equality, but I can't say that this is true all throughout the world, especially when one tries to understand what "gender equality" actually means in different context. Nevertheless, both the book and the review are helpful attempts to clarify the issue. Thank you.
-rk
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

Having worked for 20 years in a corporate environment I experienced first hand discrimination against women. Sure it won't have been as bad as, say, in Africa, but it was not a pleasant experience.

The review was great and I've read it with delight, however the subject matter brings quite some unpleasant memories, so I think I'll pass on reading this book right now.
jetbrahim

Post by jetbrahim »

Discrimination is a serious concern both domestic and international. We read and heard news of bullying everywhere which originated basically from discrimination because of the lack of drive to cause the implementation of laws against it. We need to initiate actions, campaigns and information drive about discrimination and harassment and have laws discreet enough to handle sensitive issues in relation thereof. Aside from the laws it is a must to have right people to handle different situations.

The book generally portrayed the general understanding about discrimination and harassment mostly experienced by every one in every aspect.
michealalfa

Post by michealalfa »

Is of great concern

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”