Official Review: Pour L'Amour de Dieu by T-Jean Pelletie

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Re: Official Review: Pour L'Amour de Dieu by T-Jean Pelletie

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this autobiography is well detailed and simply awe-inspiring. While I am not a particular fan of autobiographies, this story shows what faith and perseverance can do. I say Well done to both the author and his story. And thank you to his daughter for suggesting, the author write this book. Well Done.
Seraphia Bunny Sparks
Currently Reading: Lying Lainey
Bookshelf Size: 653
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seraphia-bunny-sparks.html
Latest Review: The Undying Queen of Ur by Abraham Kawa & Arahom Radjah
Reading Device: B01J94T4R2

Post by Seraphia Bunny Sparks »

A book that details the author's harrowing escapes from death! Talk about a hair-raising story! I'm not much of an outdoor book reader so I think that I'm going to pass on reading this book. Plus, the near-death situations would probably not appeal to me. I'm sure that for thrill seekers that this book will be a must-read.
msrae432000
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by msrae432000 »

I found this review to be interesting because I too can relate to divine protection. To be ale to account for such events starting in his early childhood is such a great testimony of the protection God had given him throughout his life. Also, to know that the author entertained the idea of suicide and overcame it, means there is always a way of escape if we look to our divine helper and have loving family in our lives. This shows that all of our life's events can be meaningful and can be used to help others. Great review!
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

A good autobiography with plenty of action and near-death experiences always makes for a fun read. It's just a bonus that there are special forces topics and that it is a short read.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

What an intriguing life story. I look forward to adding
this book to my list for future reading.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

What an interesting story! Whether you believe or not in a God, it's clear the man has still a purpose to fulfill here and it's not yet his time to leave.
I admire the author's humility and his willingness to devote his life to share his knowledge in survival techniques.
Great, honest review. Thanks!
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

The author shares his interesting life and his near-death experiences. He had 12 brushes with death and acknowledges God's protection. It is interesting that he had 20 professions of work. His stories will surely make for some good reading. Thanks for the translation of the French title; I was wondering about that.
Charmaine_216
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Charmaine_216 »

I enjoyed the sample read of this book. With that many siblings, what an exciting and fun filled childhood this must have been for the author. Although, I'm sure there were quite a few mishaps and mischievous behavior that occurred. I enjoyed the photos too! Delightful! Thanks for sharing!
abbiejoice
Currently Reading: Me Before You
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbiejoice.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by abbiejoice »

Based on the review, this seems to be a book filled with life lessons from the personal experience of the author. Having been near death, I think the author can share precious wisdom about the value of life.
Laura Del
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-del.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Laura Del »

I'm not into autobiographical works. This is going to be a hard pass. It's just not my thing.
"Write drunk, edit sober."~Ernest Hemingway
cpru68
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

Sounds like a unique book depicting some harrowing experiences by the author. I read the sample pages today, and then I came here to read your review. The author sounds like an amazing person who has taken on many jobs and excelled at all he has done. It makes me really understand that we are all here for a purpose. Great job on the review, and thank you for further insight into this one.
Everything happens for a reason...
bellaterrabooks
Currently Reading: On the Rez
Bookshelf Size: 256
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellaterrabooks.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by bellaterrabooks »

The author sets the premise that he should have died long ago from his experiences yet divine intervention saved him. Despite his miraculous rescue from death numerous times the author still contemplates taking his own life, which is astonishing given the fact that he has been repeatedly granted the gift of life. This demonstrates the power of issues experienced by veterans as they process their military experience.
starshipsaga
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 2024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starshipsaga.html
Latest Review: Secrets of the Dead by Murray Bailey

Post by starshipsaga »

Now that is someone who has lived a very full life. I'm a bit mystified how so much can be recounted in 75 pages, though. I think I would want more out of each section. In any case, it's an interesting way to present an autobiography, and if I were a fan of this genre, I would want to take a closer look.
Nandy
Currently Reading: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Bookshelf Size: 170

Post by Nandy »

From just reading this review and the synopsis of this book I am already deeply touched by this book. The backstory about the title just gets my right in the heart.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Pour L'amour de Dieu by T-Jean Robert Pelletier is an #Autobiography of the author's #Life, #Adventures, and #NearDeathExperience. It chronicles his close-death experiences from the moment he exited his mother's womb with his feet first until the latest, when he was rescued from drowning in the Colorado River in August 2015. "Pour L'amour de Dieu" means “For the Love of God” in English translation.

I would've wanted some photos within this autobiography so I would enjoy flipping through its pages. Thanks for the awesome review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”