Review of How to fight darkness with light

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Review of How to fight darkness with light

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "How to fight darkness with light" by Nina Rose.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Some people suddenly find themselves exhibiting strange behaviors, being unlucky, easily being hated by other people for little or no reason, and all that, and they can't put a finger on the cause. If you are in this situation, I recommend you pick up a copy of Nina Rose's book, How to Fight Darkness with Light: And Retrieve Your Bags of Blessings from Heaven. In this book, Nina shares how she was exposed to demonic attacks and manipulations due to a woman's ignorance in church and how she eventually got freed. You will gain a whole lot of insight on how to break free from your bondage. The book is also suitable for every adult Christian, as they will get to know how to protect themselves from ungodly practices and activities.

Nina has been open enough to share private incidents in her life. She tells of her time growing up in an unsettling family and being physically and psychologically abused by her older sister Elisa and a largely wrongly informed community of Christian believers. We see the toll these abuses have on her adult and relationship lives. The author also comments on her son's predicament in this cycle of insensitivity to the protection of children's mental, physical, and spiritual well-being and how this development made her situation even worse.

One of the striking points raised in this book is the need to provide proper education to people, especially those in positions of leadership, as their intervention or negligence could save or mar the destiny of many. The author and her twin sister Bella are just hyperactive children, but some superficially holy and self-oriented church people determined that they must have been possessed by demons and proceeded with actions that caused these innocent children so much pain and loss. Going from here, there is also a clarion call for parents to monitor what sessions their children are being put through during church services.

From Nina's story, it is clear that we need to study the Bible and find out the authentic truths and practices in it, establish personal relationships with God, and pay attention to our intuition. There are so many lessons to learn from the things that happened to Nina and the awareness she gained navigating those dark tunnels. Nina's older sister, Elisa, filled me with different emotions. Sometimes, I get offended by her cruelty and hypocrisy, and sometimes I feel pity for her. She could also be a victim after all, the difference being that she may not be aware that she is a victim of unbiblical actions and needs help.

How to Fight Darkness with Light: And Retrieve Your Bags of Blessings from Heaven was thoroughly edited and free of grammatical errors. I rate this book five out of five stars because it exposed me to the truths about some misunderstood actions in church practices and empowered me to protect myself from those. I have no complaints to make and have no reason to remove any stars from the rating.

How to fight darkness with light
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

The biggest problem with “church” people that I can see is that they tag a certain behavior or attribute as wrong. Then, like you said, they use un biblical approaches to solve it. Thanks!
Biswajit Barman 1
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 91
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Biswajit Barman 1 »

In "How to Fight Darkness with Light," Nina Rose unveils a deeply personal journey through the complexities of spiritual warfare and the power of resilience in overcoming it. Through her candid narrative, Rose exposes the detrimental impact of ignorance and misguided religious practices, offering readers profound insights into reclaiming their spiritual well-being.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Anil Baade »

You've explained very well about the book and you have mentioned the content of the book very nicely. I'll definitely start reading this book.
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.
Nwansimdi Mercy Someze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwansimdi-mercy-someze.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Nwansimdi Mercy Someze »

This book provides a personal journey and insights into overcoming challenges related to spiritual warfare and personal struggles.
Paschalyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paschaline-goldie.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Paschalyn »

Nice piece. I will add these one to my shelf immediately.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”