Official Review: Where Did God Go? by Dr. Tina Bell

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Official Review: Where Did God Go? by Dr. Tina Bell

Post by Jaime Lync »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Where Did God Go?" by Dr. Tina Bell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Where Did God Go? : Pastor, Can You Tell Me? by Dr. Tina Bell is a wake-up call to the body of Christ. The format and content of this book are reminiscent of a sermon. This is not surprising since the author is a Co-Pastor and Co-Founder of a church in Jacksonville, Florida. What some people may find surprising is that the target audience is Christian leaders. Each of the six chapters poses a thought-provoking question to pastors everywhere. For example, the title of the first chapter is, ‘Pastor, Is God Your God?’. The description of this book rightly states that this “is a timely message for emerging and established leadership to take a step back and revisit His Word toward us as God’s servants”.

I enjoyed reading this book. Bell did not shy away from condemning sinful actions and pointing out erroneous mentality. I am in total agreement with her view that, “when a Pastor or any other follower of Christ can promote and flaunt a flawed nature…our ethos is readily questionable.’’ I applaud the author because she spoke against abortion and homosexuality but made sure to let us know that we should love the sinner and abhor the sin. This book reminds Christians that we do not live for the world’s acceptance but for God’s approval.

Moreover, the entire Christian body is admonished to rekindle their first love for God. God is not pleased with hypocrisy. The mentality that ‘once saved, always saved’ is rejected. We are called to daily repentance. We are called to a pursuit of righteousness. Bell stresses the importance of a personal relationship with God through the Holy Spirit.

If I had to give a negative comment about this book, I would be at a loss for words. I have no complaints about the formatting of the book. As previously stated, the chapters had intriguing titles. Also, there were various headings within the chapters that made it simple to follow the message. Additionally, I did not notice any grammatical errors. Overall, the work seems to have been professionally edited.

It is obvious that persons who do not share the author’s religious views may not find her work appealing. However, as I previously stated, I believe that Bell is careful not to condemn anyone but rather reproof ways that are contrary to God’s way. Therefore, I rate Where Did God Go? 4 out of 4 stars. I highly recommend this book to all Christians.

Where Did God Go?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Jaime Lync's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It sounds like a good book if this is the type of thing you are looking for. I'm sure it wouldn't appeal to everyone, but it sounds good for her target audience. Thanks for the review!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:

Post by Jaime Lync »

Thanks for reading and commenting Kandscreeley. I wish everyone was the target audience but I respect that there are different schools of thought when it comes to spiritual issues.
Emmanuel Ameachi
Currently Reading: The Wicked Wives
Bookshelf Size: 47

Post by Emmanuel Ameachi »

Its sounds a pretty good book,striping naked uncommon religious question.I believe its a book christians will sure appreciate.
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:

Post by Jaime Lync »

Emmanuel Ameachi wrote:Its sounds a pretty good book,striping naked uncommon religious question.I believe its a book christians will sure appreciate.
Thanks for reading and commenting Emmanuel. I totally agree with you.
Ihsaan Chaudhary
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ihsaan Chaudhary »

Title sounds good.. Obviously it'll be a taunt on higher class Christians leadera
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:

Post by Jaime Lync »

Ihsaan Chaudhary wrote:Title sounds good.. Obviously it'll be a taunt on higher class Christians leadera
It is sort of a taunt - it should provoke Christians to seek out their God. That sounded impersonal, but I really meant that Christians (like myself) are motivated to cultivate their persona relationship with Our Father in Heaven.

Thanks for reading and commenting.
Antares
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antares.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Antares »

I highly doubt that I would read this, however, I feel like it fits her target audience.
Wonderful review! I particularly enjoyed the mention of good titles and headings. I have recently noticed first time authors aren't very good at them. Good job given credit where credit is due!
Follow your dreams, read a good book, and put your feet up with a nice glass of wine.
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:

Post by Jaime Lync »

Thanks for reading and commenting Antares. I was really happy to see the titles and headings in the book because they make reading a lot lighter.
Antares
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antares.html

Post by Antares »

Yes, they do!
Follow your dreams, read a good book, and put your feet up with a nice glass of wine.
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Post by Katherine Smith »

This sounds like a good book for those who want to enter into seminary school or become a pastor. This can be used as a guide to lead the "flock" towards a better way of living religiously. I like your review and the honesty with which you approach this subject.
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:

Post by Jaime Lync »

Thanks Katherine Smith, I actually wanted to include that seminary schools should add this to their curriculum. Grateful that you took the time out to read and comment on my review.
AuGold
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by AuGold »

This book sounds great even as a devotional for Christians. Nice review bro.
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:

Post by Jaime Lync »

Thanks for reading AuGold.
Tanaya
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanaya.html
Latest Review: Beans...Finding My Way Home by Debi Brown
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Tanaya »

Glad you enjoyed it. Sounds like it makes some valid points, but I'd have to read it in full. Thanks for the recommendation!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”