Official Review: Fresh Passion by Michael D. Brown

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: Fresh Passion by Michael D. Brown

Post by MarisaRose »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fresh Passion" by Michael D. Brown.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Fresh Passion: Get a Brand or Die a Generic by Michael D. Brown is a non-fiction book that explores the author’s method for building a competitive individual brand in order to lay the foundation for professional and personal success. As the title states, without a focused brand even great employees can seem generic and fail to stand out, thus they never reach their professional and personal aspirations. The author’s Fresh PASSION approach focuses on reaching ‘your perfect day.’ The method emphasizes the importance of preparation, defining aspirations, laser focus, selling value, staying invigorated, omitting negatives, and finally, nailing your brand.

Fresh Passion is comprised of clearly organized, manageable sized chapters that detail the steps in the Fresh PASSION method. The chapters progress linearly and each successive chapter builds on the last; however, they can easily be read individually. The use of relatable information like quotes from prolific figures and anecdotes about the author’s personal experience developing his own brand make the book convincing and fun to read.

Though Brown’s use of clear organization and progressive steps make for an enjoyable read, it is the author’s ability to convey the effectiveness of his process that really makes one believe in his method. Those who read this book will know the results they want are possible and that they alone can achieve them. The author’s personal anecdotes, known as ‘brownie bites’ throughout the book, exemplify the positive impact of the Fresh PASSION method in a real-life setting. Additionally, the inclusion of various worksheets, self-assessments, and technological tools are straightforward and further enhance the reader’s ability to imagine the steps they should implement to successfully create a brand and reach their goals.

In this book there is an overarching theme of ‘keeping it fresh.’ This idea alone makes the book incredibly versatile. Whether you have been at a career for decades, or are just starting out, it is always important to evolve. The author’s presentation of this idea is relevant and leaves a lasting impression. Many of the concerns and fears the author experienced throughout his professional career were nothing new, but the positive spin Brown adds to these experiences via his Fresh PASSION approach are inspiring and will have you wanting to establish a unique personal brand you can be proud of.

Fresh Passion: Get a Brand or Die a Generic is a fun, inspiring, and informative self-help book. This book earns 4 out of 4 stars for its powerful message and clearly defined tactics. Developing a unique brand won’t happen overnight, but the author provides the necessary tools and motivation for individuals to get started. Anyone looking to better their professional or personal presence will not only benefit from reading this book, they will enjoy it as well.

Fresh Passion
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like MarisaRose's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Well, this probably wouldn't be for me, but it does sound interesting. I'm glad the author is able to provide sound advice for those seeking to build their brand. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
MarisaRose
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>

Post by MarisaRose »

kandscreeley wrote:Well, this probably wouldn't be for me, but it does sound interesting. I'm glad the author is able to provide sound advice for those seeking to build their brand. Thanks for the review.
This one definitely has a specific audience, but thank you for taking the time to read my review :)
Chrys Brobbey
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrys-brobbey.html
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis

Post by Chrys Brobbey »

Passion is the fuel of life that ensures successes. Such a book to motivate and guide towards individual self-actualization is, therefore, highly welcome. Thanks for the thorough review, it has made me to add the book to my must-read list.
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis
MarisaRose

Post by MarisaRose »

Chrys Brobbey wrote:Passion is the fuel of life that ensures successes. Such a book to motivate and guide towards individual self-actualization is, therefore, highly welcome. Thanks for the thorough review, it has made me to add the book to my must-read list.
Thank you! I hope you like it :)
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

This sounds like a great self-help book that is very motivational and inspiring. I like that the author provides information in a concise and organized manner. This will be a book that will benefit many readers.

Great Review! ?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
MarisaRose

Post by MarisaRose »

Amagine wrote:This sounds like a great self-help book that is very motivational and inspiring. I like that the author provides information in a concise and organized manner. This will be a book that will benefit many readers.

Great Review! ?
Thank you for the kind words :) The organization of this book really aided in making the author's ideas clear ad concise!
Ceciltrixiedom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =164903">A Very Secret Affair</a>
Currently Reading: The Language Of Flowers
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by Ceciltrixiedom »

I like the review.Well, it motivates me to read.I like anecdotes and quotes espevially from prolific figures the reviewer mentioned in her review. Im sure mor readers will find this very exciting , educational as well.
ajazayeri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by ajazayeri »

How does this book's recommendation for personal branding differ from all of the other books that are already on the market? The premise seems interesting, but I generally am disappointed by these types of books. I may just have to check this book out though, after reading your review.
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Great review. This sounds like a great motivational book. I definitely would like to read this.
roatanbob
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by roatanbob »

Your review is well presented. It almost compels me to read it for myself, just to be inspired! The trouble I find with most motivational books though, is the need for/lack of ongoing personal guidance to repel discouragement once the process is taken up by the recipient. Does this book have a mentoring option? Thanks for your review!
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

I would like to read this book and learn how to build my brand successfully. It sound like a good inspirational book and interesting to read. Nice review.
Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-al-chakauya.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Al Chakauya »

Great review there, and bacause of your "disection" of the book I am compelled to read the book. From your review this seems like a must read book which is both motivational and inspirational.
meteku4
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meteku4.html
Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita

Post by meteku4 »

ajazayeri wrote:How does this book's recommendation for personal branding differ from all of the other books that are already on the market? The premise seems interesting, but I generally am disappointed by these types of books. I may just have to check this book out though, after reading your review.
You may be right but I think every book has some particularity. The review is interesting, and for me, this should be a great inspirational work.
Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita
Abodunrin
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abodunrin.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Abodunrin »

You really did a good job on the review was impressed by how you were able to relay all the benefits in the book with few sentences. Thanks for the review
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”