Review by CTdeF -- Roadmap to the End of Days

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CTdeF
Currently Reading: Slaughterhouse-Five
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ctdef.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by CTdeF -- Roadmap to the End of Days

Post by CTdeF »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you wondering when the end of the world will come? Maybe you’re a bit concerned about the coming apocalypse? Well, then, this book is for you. Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann uses the history recorded in the Old Testament and the Torah to provide an end of days timeline based on the idea that biblical events follow a particular pattern.

There were several good features in this book. The author’s comparison between the End of Days and a glass maze was helpful in illustrating the complicated information presented. The charts and tables were also exceedingly useful in encapsulating the text. They were clear and easy to read. I typically do not care for books that explain what the author’s purpose is at the beginning of the book; however, in this case, the outlined premise of the book and the chapter by chapter summary were necessary for a better understanding.

Initially, Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann was inclusive as regards to religion. That is to say; examples were drawn mostly from the Old Testament which Muslims, Jews, and Christians accept as inspired writing. However as the book progressed, and the more relevant present day prophecies and predictions were revealed, the majority of the work referenced was from the Torah as evidenced from the citations included at the end of the book. I had hoped that the dictionary at the end of the book would help me with some of these unfamiliar accounts, but it didn’t. Unfortunately, the glossary contained information mostly about the characters in the Old Testament, which any Bible student is already familiar with.

In general, the timeline proposed by the book was well-supported and the theory well-presented. It was the concluding comparison of natural labor and delivery versus Caesarean section as an analogy of the Divine Purpose that left me not-quite-convinced. Perhaps the author should examine the relative benefits of each type of birth before using it as a metaphor here. Overall, the text was thought-provoking and well worth the extra time needed to fully consider the ideas presented and the subsequent predictions. Therefore, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.

Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann would certainly be of interest to those seeking concrete facts concerning the end of days and Bible scholars in general. Specifically, students of Jewish history will find this a compelling read. As the calculations and references are complex and obscure to some extent, this book would not be of interest to someone looking for light reading.

Roadmap to the End of Days
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like CTdeF's review? Post a comment saying so!

Jaime Lync
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 150
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 115
2017 Reading Goal: 12
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 500
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Very insightful review. I read and reviewed this a while back - I liked that the book started by including the Abrahamic religions since I am a Christian. I was surprised that there was no reference to Jesus Christ though - I know he is Jewish but hey so is Jesus (King of the Jews!).

CTdeF
Currently Reading: Slaughterhouse-Five
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ctdef.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CTdeF »

I believe Jesus was left out because he was rejected as Messiah by the Jewish people. The information in this book also mentioned another possible Messiah, who ended up being rejected as well. Therefore, the prophecy that is central to the theory about the end of days remains unfulfilled. However, as the book points out, there is an upcoming time period where the Messiah may just appear. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”