Official Review: Choose Again! by Sherry D Ransom

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Official Review: Choose Again! by Sherry D Ransom

Post by Amagine »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Choose Again!" by Sherry D Ransom.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“If you are not experiencing the life you believe that you deserve, CHOOSE AGAIN!” -Sherry D. Ransom
Life is full of choices. We make choices every day. We choose if we’ll have breakfast or not. If we choose to have breakfast, we make a choice on what we want to eat. We choose our clothes, shoes, the way we style our hair and other things. These are small, every day choices that we are required to make. It’s the bigger choices that impact our lives in some profound way. The choice on whether to follow a passion or not, is a choice that will become someone’s success story or life regret. In her book, Choose Again!, Sherry D. Ransom gives readers inspirational guidance and motivation to make life choices that will bring them happiness and satisfaction.

In the book, Choose Again!, the main message was about choosing the right path for your life and not being afraid to get the happiness you deserve. The author writes in a relaxed and gentle tone that will instantly make readers respond well to her advice. The book doesn’t come off too “preachy” as she gives readers advice that they can use in their lives. She goes into much detail about the different paths people take and the five “pretenders” that keep us from achieving our dreams; fear, perfectionism, procrastination, shyness and regret.

According to the author, there are three paths in life; the checkered path, yellow path and green path. The checkered path is a path where a person chooses not to choose. They let others decide their life for them. The yellow path is what you choose when you want a “low-risk” path. It means rather than going after your passion, you rather settle for something safe and comfortable. The green path is the most ideal path. It is the path you take when you want to live a life of purpose. The author gives further details about these paths and advice on how everyone can walk on the green one.

I enjoyed reading this book because of the advice given. The book is motivational. There’s biblical content that Christians will appreciate, but this is a book that is encouraging to even those who may not be religious. The author goes a step further in the book by ending each chapter with an exercise for readers to do. The exercise that I think readers will find very beneficial was, “Mapping My Dream.” It is an exercise where she encourages readers to plan their dream out step by step.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I didn’t notice any grammatical errors in the book. The author stayed on topic and didn’t give any piece of information that I felt was insignificant to the book. For these reasons, I believe the book deserve all four stars and I would recommend it to everyone. We all make choices in life. We’ve all made choices that we regret. As the author stated, “If you’re not experiencing the life you believe you deserve, CHOOSE AGAIN!”

Choose Again!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Amagine's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This sounds like a very interesting book filled with great advice. I think it would be helpful for all of us to be a little more aware that we do have choices. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

kandscreeley wrote:This sounds like a very interesting book filled with great advice. I think it would be helpful for all of us to be a little more aware that we do have choices. Thanks for the review.
Yes, the author gives some really great advice. Thanks for reading! :D
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

Chrys Brobbey
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrys-brobbey.html
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis

Post by Chrys Brobbey »

It looks like the book provides good advice about choices in life that can benefit a lot of people. It's really good to make the right choice the first time. Alas, reversal entries, correcting journal vouchers exist only in accounting.There’s no reverse gear in life, only one-way life highways with no U-turns midways for a return to earlier times and years to make new choices/decisions. We must, therefore, make our choices carefully. We need not risk jumping red lights on the roadways of life. The review must motivate us all to look for the book. Thanks.
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

Hmmmm interesting, I like that there's an exercise included to put advice into practice. Sometimes fear and shyness can hold me back from making a choice or decision. I guess positive thinking and baby steps is the way forward.
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

Thanks for reading you guys! ??

Guppy
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guppy.html
Latest Review: "Aftermath" by Gary Gaudin

Post by Guppy »

A great review of what sounds like an intriguing read. Green path for me :)
Latest Review: "Aftermath" by Gary Gaudin
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

Guppy wrote:A great review of what sounds like an intriguing read. Green path for me :)
I'm also walking the green path! The best path to be on! :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Thanks for reading! :D

JessicaElaine91
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessicaelaine91.html
Latest Review: "Marrying a Playboy Billionaire" by H M Irwing

Post by JessicaElaine91 »

A great review which made me want to read it this book. Green path all the way!!
Latest Review: "Marrying a Playboy Billionaire" by H M Irwing
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

JessicaElaine91 wrote:A great review which made me want to read it this book. Green path all the way!!
Yes! Green path is the best path for all of us! :dance:

christinac_2585
Currently Reading: City of Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinac-2585.html
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman

Post by christinac_2585 »

Great review Amagine!!! This book sounds like it could help a lot of people. I hate to say I might be on the yellow path and maybe reading this book will help me change to the green path and go for my passions in life.
"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
- Anna Quindlen
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

christinac_2585 wrote:Great review Amagine!!! This book sounds like it could help a lot of people. I hate to say I might be on the yellow path and maybe reading this book will help me change to the green path and go for my passions in life.
Thanks! Also, a lot of people are on the yellow path not because they want to be but because it provides a more safe and stable living. The problem is that it is not satisfying nor fulfilling. I hope that one day you can walk on the green path and pursue your passions. Life is way too short to not go after your true desires!

christinac_2585
Currently Reading: City of Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinac-2585.html

Post by christinac_2585 »

Amagine wrote:
christinac_2585 wrote:Great review Amagine!!! This book sounds like it could help a lot of people. I hate to say I might be on the yellow path and maybe reading this book will help me change to the green path and go for my passions in life.
Thanks! Also, a lot of people are on the yellow path not because they want to be but because it provides a more safe and stable living. The problem is that it is not satisfying nor fulfilling. I hope that one day you can walk on the green path and pursue your passions. Life is way too short to not go after your true desires!

Thanks!!! You are so right about life being too short!
"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
- Anna Quindlen
OBAKPORORO LUCKY
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by OBAKPORORO LUCKY »

This book give a clear picture of what will should do at the right time . i love the book :lol2:
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

OBAKPORORO LUCKY wrote:This book give a clear picture of what will should do at the right time . i love the book :lol2:
Yes, it was a really great book!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”