Review of Created for Joy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nenye Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-charles.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Review of Created for Joy

Post by Nenye Charles »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Created for Joy" by Max E. Huffman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

“Created for Joy," a second edition by Max E. Huffman, is a memoir by the author of a life well-lived and still living in total service to the Lord. Here, Max highlights his Christian journey and ministry, right from his formative years to this period. It is a book that teaches a lot of lessons, ranging from faith to dealing with hard times and difficult people, in addition to maintaining a good relationship with God.

Max Huffman leads us through the history of his maternal grandparents, Harrison and Ethel Cox, down to his generation and the ones after his. I enjoyed reading through his family heritage. Max had a mild case of dyslexia, which affected his reading and math skills. I’m grateful to Grace, his seventh grade teacher, who was patient with him and encouraged him in school despite his condition. This stresses the importance of parents and adults showing love and affection to children, as this goes a long way towards boosting their self-esteem and image.

I was impressed by Max’s dad’s selfless act of secretly giving $5 extra every week to supplement his son’s weekly earnings at Peaceful Valley Friends. In this book, I learned the importance of tithing and giving. Again, I learned we have spiritual senses, which help us interact with God. The church janitor's story intrigued me, as he became a preacher after receiving healing from stuttering. God was blessing many lives, administering healings, and performing countless miracles through the ministry of Max Huffman. I admire how he handled the couple who didn’t like having a Quaker as a pastor, with lessons from the scriptures.

In the case of Keith’s issue of inferiority complex at a young age and how he eventually overcame it, I discovered that finding something one loves doing helps heal one’s self-image. I was impressed by the author’s ability to recall and pen down the sequence of events that took place from his formative years up to this present moment. I learned about the benefits of hearing God and obeying his directives. This book also highlights the importance of effectively merging the needs of marriage with the duties of ministry for a healthy partnership and peaceful co-existence.

The author uses an easy conversational tone to relate to his readers, which is quite alright. However, I found something I didn’t like about this book. I encountered many errors, and some of them prevented me from easily understanding the author’s narration at a glance. For this, I rate it 4 out of 5 stars.

This book is recommended to lovers of memoirs. Again, it is ideal for those who wish to strengthen their faith and also improve in their walk with God.

Created for Joy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Newton Njuguna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-newton-njuguna.html
Latest Review: LaBlance Fish Tales Two by Peter F LaBlance

Post by Newton Njuguna »

Created for Joy by Max E. Huffman is a captivating and insightful book that delves into the profound concept of joy and its significance in our lives. With a blend of personal anecdotes, biblical wisdom, and practical advice, Huffman offers a refreshing perspective on the pursuit of joy in the midst of life's challenges.

The book begins by exploring the universal human longing for joy and the misconceptions that often surround it. Huffman skillfully weaves together philosophical reflections and spiritual insights to shed light on the true nature of joy, emphasizing that it transcends mere happiness and is deeply rooted in our identity as human beings created in the image of God.

Throughout the chapters, Huffman draws from his own experiences and encounters with individuals from diverse backgrounds, making the book relatable and engaging for readers. His writing style is warm and conversational, effectively connecting with readers on a personal level. He invites readers to reevaluate their understanding of joy and offers practical steps to cultivate a joy-filled life, regardless of circumstances.

One of the book's strengths lies in its ability to navigate complex theological concepts while maintaining accessibility for a broad audience. Huffman's insights are grounded in solid biblical principles, yet he presents them in a way that is relevant and applicable to modern-day challenges. Whether discussing the role of gratitude, the power of forgiveness, or the importance of community, the author consistently provides thought-provoking perspectives that encourage introspection and growth.

Created for Joy is a valuable resource for anyone seeking a deeper understanding of joy and its implications for daily living. It is well-suited for individuals grappling with adversity, as well as those simply looking to enrich their spiritual journey. Huffman's gentle guidance and unwavering optimism infuse the book with an inspiring energy that lingers long after the final page.

In conclusion, Created for Joy is a beautifully crafted exploration of an essential aspect of the human experience. Max E. Huffman's thoughtful reflections and practical wisdom make this book a compelling read for anyone desiring to embrace a more joy-filled existence.
Korir Kipchumba Victor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-korir-kipchumba-victor.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow

Post by Korir Kipchumba Victor »

This story eloquently portrays Max's Christian journey, highlighting his faith, triumphs over challenges, and unwavering connection with God. The personal stories, such as Max's struggle with dyslexia and his father's selfless acts, bring a profound richness to the narrative.
Donald Cecil Hufstedler
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Donald Cecil Hufstedler »

The review of "Share Created for Joy" by Max E. Huffman seems to present the book as a good read for lovers of memoirs and those looking to strengthen their faith. The reviewer highlights lessons on faith, dealing with difficult situations, and maintaining a relationship with God. However, they mention encountering some errors in the book, which slightly hindered their understanding. Overall, it appears to be a worthwhile read with a rating of 4 out of 5 stars.
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The way Max shares his family's history and personal struggles, like his dad's selfless act and overcoming dyslexia, resonates deeply. I share your admiration for the lessons on faith, dealing with challenges, and the importance of love in shaping a positive self-image. Despite the minor errors, the book's powerful message on strengthening faith and improving one's walk with God makes it a must-read.
Glory_C
Currently Reading: Keysha's Drama
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-c.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Glory_C »

I love how Max shares his family history, including his personal struggles and challenges while growing up into adulthood to this present time. He must have a good memory, as he’s able to remember events from way back.
Sbitan Mohammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sbitan-mohammad.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Sbitan Mohammad »

For Max to document his life, he must have been through a lot of testimonies, I look forward to reading them all and learning from them. Thanks for the amazing review.
Chiamaka_Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-glory.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chiamaka_Glory »

This book and your review are huge testaments that we all are created for joy. I’m looking forward to reading every detail in the story. Thanks for an honest review.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading: Waterworks
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

Max has quite a lot of experience to share. Max teacher's kindness helped him through school. This has encouraged me on my journey of being kind to people. I think reading Max's story will inspire me more

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”