Review of Raising Simba

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: Raising Simba by Falisa Ray

Review of Raising Simba

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Raising Simba" by Falisa Ray.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Raising Simba is an inspiring story by Falisa Ray about the hurdles she and her son went through. Lisa, as she was addressed in the book, was a very spiritual woman who had heard God speak to her in many instances when she seemed stuck. Just like her grandmother, Lisa had grown to notice that she was gifted with premonitory dreams. She had a mixed grill of experiences growing up, but she always knew to trust God in prayer.

Lisa’s life seemed to be falling apart when she met a strange man who spoke into her life as though he had her story on his palms. She was in the middle of a custody battle, while her son, whom she loved so dearly, had gotten into trouble, and she hardly even had enough money to meet basic needs. She prayed and trusted God for her son, Aaron's, future. Read this book to find out more about this inspiring success story.

There is so much to love about this book, from the author’s writing style to the storyline of the book. First of all, I found the relationship between Lisa and her son really admirable. She loved him unconditionally and he too held her in high esteem. I like that he was very expressive around her, yet he was never disrespectful; this book would serve as a guide to a parent-child relationship. The author's writing is capable of evoking emotions. I could practically feel the joy every time something great happened for them. I also liked the spiritual takeaway from the book. Sometimes the help of God could be seen in the fortitude to go through tough times, and sometimes it could also be seen in the way the bad situation prepares us for the good opportunity ahead.

There wasn't anything to dislike about this book. Falisa is very creative and I love how real this book was to me.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because the book is generally very interesting and inspiring. The positives above justify this worthy rating.

There is a long list of people to whom I could recommend this book, but most importantly, I’d recommend it first to Christians who struggle with understanding God’s direction, then to parents who are confused about how to train a special or gifted kid. People who are on the verge of giving up on their dreams would also find this book helpful.

Raising Simba
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Donald Cecil Hufstedler
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Donald Cecil Hufstedler »

Based on the review, "Raising Simba" by Falisa Ray is an inspiring and well-written book that offers a powerful story of perseverance, faith, and the complexities of parenthood. The strong bond between the protagonist, Lisa, and her son is commendable, serving as a valuable guide for parent-child relationships. The author's writing style is capable of evoking emotions, and the spiritual takeaways add depth to the narrative. This book seems like a good read, especially for Christians seeking guidance, parents with special or gifted children, and individuals in need of inspiration to pursue their dreams. Overall, the review suggests that "Raising Simba" is an interesting and inspiring book.
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The genuine bond between Lisa and her son, Aaron, as portrayed by the author, promises a heartwarming exploration of parent-child dynamics. The expressive yet respectful communication between them is something I look forward to witnessing. Moreover, the spiritual aspect adds a profound layer, illustrating the strength found in faith during challenging times. The reviewer's commendation of the author's writing style and the book's authenticity has definitely sparked my interest.
Azaz Raja
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azaz-raja.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Azaz Raja »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review of "Raising Simba" by Falisa Ray. Your description of the book's engaging storyline, admirable parent-child relationship, and spiritual takeaways make it sound like a compelling read. Your recommendation for Christians, parents of special or gifted children, and individuals facing challenges adds value to your review. It seems like a book that can offer inspiration and guidance to many readers.
J Writes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by J Writes »

The fact that the reviewer finds Lisa and her son's connection so endearing suggests that the character relationships in the novel are both genuine and complex. The book is not only a pleasure to read but also an invaluable tool for comprehending and fostering positive parent-child interactions because of its portrayal of unconditional love and mutual respect, which sets a strong example for readers.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”