Official Review: Truth and Love; Enchanting Echoes; Elohi...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Make the title of the topic the name of the book, and if possible also include the author's name. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
AbbyC
2017 Reading Goal: 5
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 120
Currently Reading: The Bartemous Trilogy
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbyc.html
Latest Review: "Truth and Love; Enchanting Echoes; Elohim's Decree-The Dimension of the Soul; Fount of freedom; Angel of My Life" by Grace Ruto

Official Review: Truth and Love; Enchanting Echoes; Elohi...

Post by AbbyC » 30 Mar 2017, 18:30

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Truth and Love; Enchanting Echoes; Elohim's Decree-The Dimension of the Soul; Fount of freedom; Angel of My Life" by Grace Ruto.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Title: Truth and Love; Enchanting Echoes; Elohim's Decree; The Dimension of the Soul; Fount of Freedom; Angel of My Life
Author: Grace Ruto
Genre: Spiritual/Poetry/Self-Discovery

Synopsis: This is a short book of stories and poetry about one woman's spiritual experience and the hope her meeting within a dream gave to her. It is also about her strength that she found upon her journey of self-discovery.

This book was an interesting and quick read. It would make a really cozy sort of morning-and-coffee story. At ten chapters it tells of the author's spiritual experience of discovering God through a difficult point in her life.

After suffering with depression and anxiety over a period of time, Grace is given a dream that offers her peace and comfort. That dream is what this book tries to explain and express in terms of unbounded joy and thanksgiving.

Unfortunately there were a few problems with the book as well. While the author's joy is radiated through her words, there were a lot of things I found difficult to understand. In the descriptions and comparisons, I often felt lost as to what they were supposed to mean or how they applied to what the author was talking about at the time. The poetry rabbit trails often and commonly makes comparisons or uses terms that don't make much sense.

The grammar also was a problem. In the beginning there is a lack of comma usage, instead I saw many examples of this ',..' being used. Many words were incorrectly capitalized or not capitalized when they should have been. The most distracting of all were the misspelled words (there were three times that 'God' was spelled as 'Go' which threw me off and required that I reread a portion of what I had just read). There were also many missing words that I think added to the confusion of the comparisons I mentioned above.

While a sweet and uplifting read, I do feel that the author had a difficult time making her point and presenting it so that others can understand and enjoy it. It felt much more like reading an excerpt from someone's diary than something meant for the public to see. It read as something personal and therefore lacking much meaning to others. As such, I give the book 2 out of 4 stars. I look forward to seeing more from this author and hope that she is able to share her story further in the future.

Truth and Love; Enchanting Echoes; Elohim's Decree-The Dimension of the Soul; Fount of freedom; Angel of My Life
View: on Bookshelves

Like AbbyC's review? Post a comment saying so!

Mercy Bolo
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 54
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-bolo.html
Latest Review: The Lion Roared FREEDOM by Andr&ecirc; Black

Post by Mercy Bolo » 09 Jan 2018, 05:22

I commend the author for speaking so honestly about her spiritual journey. In it's current state though, I will refrain from reading this. There is still room for improvement.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye

BookHausJ
2017 Reading Goal: 2
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 10
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 680
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ » 09 Jan 2018, 07:55

The author should hire a good editor to check everything in this book. But I was so fascinated about the author's strength that she found self-discovery upon her journey. The message of the book is the most important for me. Hope I can find time to read this book also. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”