Official Review: Let's Meet God by Christopher Hearn

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Official Review: Let's Meet God by Christopher Hearn

Post by Acwoolet »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Let's Meet God" by Christopher Hearn.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Let’s Meet God; Answering Common Questions Concerning Christianity written by Christopher Hearn is an approachable nonfiction novel about God’s love for all of us. Hearn covers the answers to many common questions that people may have about God and his everlasting love for his people. Throughout this short novel the author explains just who God is, why He loves us, and why He sent is son Jesus to die for our sins.

While Let’s Meet God is a nonfiction Christian novel, one doesn’t need to be a theologian to benefit from the insight that is revealed in the book. This book is written for anyone to be able to understand, whether you have studied the Bible your whole life or have never even looked at one. The author uses lovely stories to illustrate his points and gives us an introduction into what it is like to be loved by God. Each question that is presented in the book is supported by scripture and advanced by quotes from many other authors and theologians.

Each chapter is well coordinated with the information presented by the ones surrounding it, expounding not only on God’s love for us, but also why it is crucial for us as human beings to understand His love. Hearn goes into great detail about who Jesus is and what his purpose on Earth was. He also explains exactly what sin is, what sin means to God, and why it needs to be removed from our lives. This simple, easy to read book is a great asset to anyone looking to know more about God’s love for them and its purpose in their lives.

I truly enjoyed reading this novel with the authors’ relaxed style of writing and easy to understand stories and examples. While I was able to fly through the book in one sitting, I was still left with a better understanding of what Hearn was trying to explain. Every point that he had covered was explained and backed up by scripture, giving one a full understanding of exactly what it means to know God. There were also a nice assortment of hymns and poems throughout the novel that accented what the different chapters were discussing. I found the novel to definitely be a worthwhile read, and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for more knowledge on the subject. The novel may also be beneficial for Sunday school classes or church study groups to use to further discuss God’s love.

Because of it’s easy to understand language, lack of editing mistakes, and supported ideas, I give Let’s Meet God 4 out of 4 stars. I believe many people would enjoy reading this novel and could benefit from its insight.

Let's Meet God
View: on Bookshelves

Like Acwoolet's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It sounds like a pretty good devotional although there are quite a few pout there with similar premises. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Shreyoshi Sen
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreyoshi-sen.html
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam

Post by Shreyoshi Sen »

Thanks for the review. I like devotional book. Would read it once I finish with my present novel.
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I recently said that I needed to read more Christian fiction and non-fiction books. I wrote a list of titles that were recommended to me and now I have another one to add.

Great review! ?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Collo
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collo.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Collo »

I believe that any book that talks about God's love for us is a worthy read. It seems like an interesting book.

-- 02 Aug 2017, 08:11 --

I believe that any book that talks about God's love for us is a worthy read. It seems like an interesting book.
Onyinyechukwu
Currently Reading: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechukwu.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Onyinyechukwu »

Let's meet God, that's an interesting title for a book. It shows the author must have intimacy with God. I hope it serves it's purpose. Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
March Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-march-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Andalusian in Jerusalem by Mois benarroch

Post by March Reviewer »

Were there testimonies of encounters with God or angels quoted in the book? I like reading real testimonies.
Gifty Naa Akushia
Currently Reading: HEALTH TIPS, MYTHS, AND TRICKS
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gifty-naa-akushia.html
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Gifty Naa Akushia »

Wonderful review, am happy you enjoyed reading it. I will go get it too.
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
Abodunrin
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abodunrin.html

Post by Abodunrin »

Immediately i saw the review something in me resonated with it, the review was quite helpful in compelling me to go get the book. Thanks for the review
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

No wonder why Christopher is so God loving and in effect he was able to write such a nice book! Because his name is associated with Jesus "Christ" the son of God. Just my observation. But adding to that, I love to read religious book because it enlighten my understanding of God's love. Though Bible is more than enough for spiritual knowledge, but book like this shares inspiring stories will expound real God's love. Nice review! Thanks.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Mildred Stallworth
Favorite Author: Mildred Stallworth
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 98313
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Effective Leaders and Leadership

Post by Mildred Stallworth »

Thanks for your review. We need more spiritual and devotional messages that's backed by scripture. I plan to read this book!
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley

Post by Radiant3 »

Heartwarming and uplifting are words that come to mind about this book. Thank you for the review.
Andy_C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andy-c.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Andy_C »

I like that it's accessible. Recent events have interested me in Christianity, so I could give this book a go...
Julius J James
Currently Reading: Herculubus or Red Planet
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-james-1.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Julius J James »

The title attracted my attention. It is advisable for a Christian to know God and his love. God has done wonderful things in our lifes ,we should strive hard to please him.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I like it when Christian books are approachable to non-christians. Seems like it's very insightful. Thanks for the review

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”