Official Review: CBD Made Easy! by Mary Minchin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Review: CBD Made Easy! by Mary Minchin

Post by kandscreeley »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "CBD Made Easy!" by Mary Minchin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mary Minchin’s CBD Made Easy is a short, informational booklet about the newest research and usage of CBD. CBD is short for Cannabidiol which comes from the Cannabis plant also known as Marijuana. The Cannabis plant contains both THC (which is where the “high” comes from) and CBD. While CBD is the most beneficial, these two compounds can be used in conjunction as CBD suppresses the “high” that comes from the THC.

Researchers have discovered an Endocannabinoid System in our body. This system is made up of receptors located throughout the human body. CBD mimics natural endocannabinoids and bind to these receptors causing a variety of different reactions. This can be useful for a number of conditions including Epilepsy (which is perhaps the most known usage of CBD from recent news), Chronic Pain, Diabetes, and even possibly Alzheimer’s.

Mary Minchin, at the time of publication, was pursuing a degree in biology and chemistry having recently switched from pharmacy. This makes her extremely knowledgeable about this subject and how the body uses CBD for various functions. While there is definitely a vast amount of technical information in this booklet, Ms. Minchin makes it accessible to the average reader as well. She includes several drawings and charts that help the normal person to understand what happens in common language. At the end of the booklet, she cites many research articles that were used in the writing of this paper. If one is interested, it would be quite easy to look those up to study more in depth.

I was interested in reading this booklet as I suffer from Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome myself. I have heard many people discussing the benefits of CBD especially when it comes to controlling the chronic pain associated with these diseases. Since there isn’t really much out there for these conditions, to me this would be a positive breakthrough. The most interesting thing that I found out, however, from this booklet was the research being done regarding CBD and its use to possibly cure diabetes.

I give CBD Made Easy 4 out of 4 stars. It is clear that Ms. Minchin did her research when writing this booklet, but yet makes the information accessible for everyone. The formatting of the book is well-done, and I love the various illustrations used throughout. I would highly recommend this book for anyone who suffers from a chronic medical condition, knows someone who suffers, or is interested in the latest advances in medicine. I can’t wait to see where this research could possibly lead!

CBD Made Easy!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kandscreeley's review? Post a comment saying so!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Chrys Brobbey
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrys-brobbey.html
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis

Post by Chrys Brobbey »

It's good that the author has taken the initiative to make us aware of such an important ongoing research in the use of Cannabis for good purposes. I hope she follows up with a book on the final findings, to enable those in need to avail themselves of its benefits. This review is highly commendable.
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Thanks Chrys. This book was written in the UK, and so far, I think the US is behind on its research regarding CBD. I hope that they catch up soon!
—Neil Gaiman
Kitkat3
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1496">Milk and Honey</a>
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitkat3.html
Latest Review: A Bundle of Colorful Yarns by Louis Winslow

Post by Kitkat3 »

I was just talking about this today and how CBD can help stop seizures. I will definitely read this, and I agree with you that we are behind on research and need to fix that! I like that you say that the information is presented well so that everyone can understand. Great review!
michelonline29
Favorite Book: The Eurasians
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelonline29.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by michelonline29 »

Marijuana nowadays is a very trending topic because it is used not for medication but for personal reasons. This book is very informative because some individuals may learn about the proper use of it. Congrats on a well-written review!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
JAtoms
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Socerer's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 32

Post by JAtoms »

Marijuana as a plant can be harnessed to produce drugs that can cure certain ailments and here is a wonderful application of it.
God gave us roots, herbs and spices, we have to use it to the fullest and not abuse it.
Thanks to the author about CBD
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

This sounds like a great and informative read that will benefit many people. I'm sure the author's target audience will enjoy this book. Unfortunately, I don't have much interest in medicine but this still sounds like a great book.

Great Review! ?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Kitkat3 wrote:I was just talking about this today and how CBD can help stop seizures. I will definitely read this, and I agree with you that we are behind on research and need to fix that! I like that you say that the information is presented well so that everyone can understand. Great review!
Oh yeah, I don't think we've begun to examine the true benefits of CBD. It's gotten such a bad name because people use it improperly. I hope that more research will be done in this area.

-- 28 Apr 2017, 07:27 --
michelonline29 wrote:Marijuana nowadays is a very trending topic because it is used not for medication but for personal reasons. This book is very informative because some individuals may learn about the proper use of it. Congrats on a well-written review!
I agree completely. It's unfortunate that some people ruin it for everyone else. There are some great uses for this product. I hope that the US and other countries as well can get behind CBD.

-- 28 Apr 2017, 07:28 --
JAtoms wrote:Marijuana as a plant can be harnessed to produce drugs that can cure certain ailments and here is a wonderful application of it.
God gave us roots, herbs and spices, we have to use it to the fullest and not abuse it.
Thanks to the author about CBD
Absolutely! I think there are many natural herbs, spices, roots, and supplements that we have not begun to explore. It's always worth checking out!

-- 28 Apr 2017, 07:29 --
Amagine wrote:This sounds like a great and informative read that will benefit many people. I'm sure the author's target audience will enjoy this book. Unfortunately, I don't have much interest in medicine but this still sounds like a great book.

Great Review! ?
Thanks for stopping by Amagine. Keep this book in mind for future reference. You never know when something will pop up that may be helped with this information!
—Neil Gaiman
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Great review. I was saddened when I learnt that you suffer from fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. I know that they are both chronic diseases but I believe in miracles and that so I'll be praying for you hoping for your recovery in Jesus name. I also believe that God is the one that gave us the wisdom to develop our medical remedies so one way or another I'm hoping for your alleviation.
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Thanks Jaime. I know that God can work miracles. I believe he also gave us all these plants and the wisdom to use them. Hopefully we can learn more.
—Neil Gaiman
Maulyne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maulyne.html
Latest Review: Small Change by Keddie Hughes

Post by Maulyne »

Thanks for the review. I guess its an informing about CBD and go along way in helping someone with chronic disease or without.The fact that the author gives articles where she did her research means she has done with caution not to mislead anyone reading the book.Will tead the book
GCamer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 484
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gcamer.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Post by GCamer »

Very informative review! The short book sounds like it's full of great knowledge. Good thing the author included illustrations to help readers, like me, better understand the topic. I didn't know CBD from Cannabis plant had all these great benefits!
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

First, thank you for explaining what CBD is because I never heard of this acronym. Also, thank you for sharing that you have Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and that made you invested in this read. I love you mentioned how comprehensive this booklet is and how well-research it is. I don't think I'm the target audience, but I'm glad that you found it enjoyable and informational!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Jusil
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Jusil »

I was just talking about this today and how CBD can help stop seizures. I will definitely read this, and I agree with you that we are behind on research and need to fix that! I like that you say that the information is presented well so that everyone can understand. Great review!
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

It sounds very informative. Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”