Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » Reviews and Discussions about Specific Books and Series » Non-Fiction Books

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Official Review: The Ultimate Purpose of Christianity

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.

Official Review: The Ultimate Purpose of Christianity

Post Number:#1 by lolashoes
» 28 Feb 2017, 02:55

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Ultimate Purpose of Christianity" by Pastor A.O. Asabor.]

Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Review by lolashoes
Share This Review

For some of us, as we go through life, our Christian core values and purpose seemed to get lost along the way. We get so consumed with technology and other trivial things around us, completely forgetting what being a Christian entail. We all need a purpose and we all seek out a purpose in life. Purpose is that driving force that steers us in the direction which gives us a great sense of fulfillment and happiness. Of course, purpose varies from one person to another. However, as far as being a Christian goes, the term ‘purpose’ has a more deeper meaning. This book offers invaluable insights in rediscovering and knowing the ultimate purpose of Christianity.

The Ultimate Purpose of Christianity is partitioned into several chapters where each chapter serves as a guide in developing and applying the ultimate purpose of Christianity into one’s life. Author Pastor A.O Asabor, lifted a lot of noteworthy scriptures from the bible and into this book and supported each one of them with his own insightful views - reinforcing the words of the bible even more.

What struck me the most is the second chapter with the title ‘Becoming Like Jesus’. The whole chapter was very enlightening to say the least. There’s a lot of new ideas and perspectives that I haven’t considered before which made me ponder for a good minute or two. This book is packed with the author’s own depiction of the verses from the bible, as well as his emphasis on how essential it is as a Christian to honor the words in the bible. I can’t really say much without spoiling the book for the potential readers, but for those who are going to give this book a shot, you will not be disappointed.

Overall, the author drove his point across smoothly and clearly. I haven’t noticed major grammatical errors or typos. There’s just one thing that slightly bugged me and it’s the author’s excessive bible scripture references. At times, it can be overwhelming but perhaps that’s just me. Either way, the bible verses did play a large part in the creation of this book.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. This is a short and quick read for me. If you feel some sort of disconnect to your spiritual side or if you’re at that phase in your life where you’re looking for your purpose, then you should grab a copy of this book. It’s worth a read.

The Ultimate Purpose of Christianity
View: on Bookshelves

Like lolashoes's review? Post a comment saying so!
lolashoes

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Official Review: The Ultimate Purpose of Christianity

Post Number:#2 by March Reviewer
» 19 Mar 2017, 11:16

lolashoes did the author include any personal testimony in the book?
March Reviewer's Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
March Reviewer

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#3 by Shelle
» 20 Mar 2017, 11:38

Great review! I too would be interested to know if the author shared any type of personal testimony with the readers. I just finished a devotional series about purpose and found it very helpful. This book likely would be too.
A book is a gift you can open again and again.
-Garrison Keillor
Shelle's Latest Review: "Along Came Hope" by Carri Lyons
Shelle

Currently Reading: For the Love
Bookshelf Size: 46 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle (E-Ink)
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 18%

Post Number:#4 by kandscreeley
» 20 Mar 2017, 11:44

Sounds like a pretty interesting book for the subject. Sometimes you need something quick and easy like this to jump start your Christian walk. Thanks for the review.
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway
kandscreeley's Latest Review: "CBD Made Easy!" by Mary Minchin
kandscreeley

Currently Reading: The Maid of Salerno
Bookshelf Size: 59 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 43%