Review of Fear To Freedom

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sylveria Savage
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Diary of a Talking (war) Dog
Currently Reading: The Promise of Whiteness
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sylveria-savage.html
Latest Review: Black Moon by Andrew Ceroni

Review of Fear To Freedom

Post by Sylveria Savage »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fear To Freedom" by Dr Keith L Marshall, PsyD, MHD.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dr. Keith L. Marshall's autobiography, "Fear To Freedom: From Dumpster to Doctor," chronicles an astonishing journey through the darkest corners of adversity to the pinnacle of personal and professional success. Born into a challenging environment in West Philadelphia, Dr. Marshall candidly shares the harrowing experiences that shaped his tumultuous upbringing, including the perils of addiction, abuse, and the struggle to find his footing in a world filled with chaos.

What I appreciated most about this book was Dr. Marshall's unflinching honesty. He doesn't sugarcoat his past but openly confronts his struggles, showcasing the transformation from a troubled youth battling addiction to the accomplished professional he is today. His courage in sharing these experiences is both admirable and inspiring. He bravely confronts the haunting effects of his abusive childhood, painting a vivid picture. His transformation from a troubled youth battling addiction to the successful CEO of Dedicato Treatment Center Inc. is a story of perseverance and grit, revealing the strength of his character and his unwavering dedication to achieving his goals. Another aspect of the book that I like is the mothers' determination to give them a good life.

However, it's important to note that certain aspects of Dr. Marshall's story might be challenging for some readers. The book doesn't shy away from depicting the raw realities of abuse, addiction, and the aftermath of a tumultuous upbringing. Especially the part where he was being sexually abused by an adult who was supposed to be protecting him. Additionally, Dr. Marshall's choices and their consequences, including having 14 children from nine different women, are openly discussed within the narrative.

Despite these challenging aspects, 'Fear To Freedom' remains a powerful and poignant account of triumph over adversity. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars for its unfiltered portrayal of the human spirit's capacity to overcome even the most daunting challenges. The book is professionally edited; I only found one error. It serves as both a cautionary tale and a beacon of hope for anyone navigating their own journey through adversity. Dr. Marshall's story resonates as a testament to the redemptive power of resilience and the possibility of finding light amid darkness. I highly recommend this book to anyone seeking inspiration, insight, and a testament to the redemptive power of resilience and determination.

Fear To Freedom
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
AGBATA DONALD Chidera
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-donald-chidera.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by AGBATA DONALD Chidera »

A nice book with an engaging storyline. I will award this book a perfect 5 stars ratings

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”