Official Review: The Mindfulness Approach by Dean Nelson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jwheat
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Official Review: The Mindfulness Approach by Dean Nelson

Post by jwheat »

Excellent review. I have been a fan of meditative healing for years and look forward to reading the book based on this informative glimpse of content.
Adam Fadila
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Adam Fadila »

This book is very educative I love it :hand: :D
ChanteF

Post by ChanteF »

The books sound like your typical non medicated advice for stress and depression. I guess for some people it might work, but when I was diagnosed with clinical depression all my therapists gave me the same advice - meditate!
For me it just never worked...

People are different our bodies and minds function differently and what might work for one wont neccisarily work for another.

But in the end its still great advice that even proffesionals give.
Binibinilove

Post by Binibinilove »

A very timely and relatable book for everyone. I strongly believe that stress is more of an opportunity for us to allot time to relax and reboot ourselves from the daily poignant situations. When we feel stressed, it only means that our body senses an alert warning for us saying that we are already reaching the maximum utilisation of our body thus may need to cool down for a little while. Such a beautiful book!
Mariatieno

Post by Mariatieno »

The Mindfulness Approach is a book for everyone especially teenagers to read. I myself never imagined that stress could cause such health problems as Dean describes. The fact that he fought the diseases that caused much discomfort and embarrassment and most of all affected his job is a very encouraging point. Reading this book, will make people become more mindful to the victims, and also help the victims deal positively with the illness. A part that captured me was where he describes vividly of the degree of sickness comparing to stress, and how cyclical it is. 'The more stressed you become, the more sick you become and eventually the more stressed you become. The writer is actually a living testimony and an encouragement to the world. I hope people all over the world get to read this book. I will also surely read the John Kabat Zinn's therapeutical book on Stress managent. It was greatly a good read.
JojiBB
Currently Reading: Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality Without Religion
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojibb.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Post by JojiBB »

I started reading this book this morning and I want to keep reading till the end. I've come across many books on mindfulness including Jon Kabbat Zin's but somehow I couldn't keep reading till the end or even half. I think it's because the personal account of Dean Nelson's experience that makes it very interesting.
I look forward to more reading and see if your further comments about the book is true for me too. Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”