Review of The In-Between

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: When Your Partner Dies by Millard Hiner

Review of The In-Between

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The In-Between" by Christian Espinosa.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Imagine you're on a journey—not just to a place on a map, but through life itself. Now, think about those moments when you're not at the starting point or the destination but somewhere in between. Christian Espinosa, the storyteller in "The In-Between," takes you on a road trip through life, sharing tales from the middle ground—where things happen unexpectedly and life unfolds in ways you never imagined.

Imagine starting a story at a regular intersection in Illinois, but then something big happens—a life-changing car crash. This event makes Christian Espinosa think a lot, not just about the accident but also about his health and other unexpected things, like finding out about blood clots. It's like watching a movie where the plot keeps surprising you. The prologue isn't just about the crash; it's about how life's twists, like health problems and accidents, can completely change someone's life. The accident wasn't the only thing that caused his reflection on his life. His job was shaky, as was his Denmark visa issue. These cause him to ignore people who he loves due to how engrossed he is with the macro-moments. Life is beyond that. When you read the book, you see that it's not just about what happened on the surface. It's about dealing with tough times, discovering more about yourself, and how unexpected moments can completely transform your life. Espinosa's personal story creates a suspenseful and interesting beginning that grabs your attention right away.

By sharing his ongoing journey of personal growth, the author inspires readers to recognise that change is a continual process. The book encourages individuals to persistently work on themselves, fostering a mindset of continuous improvement. The author narrated this book using a very simple English writing style, which would make it easier for any reader to understand the message of this book. The lack of errors also shows that the book was carefully edited. The author advocates for appreciating the in-between moments and acknowledging their significance in shaping one's overall life experience. His shift from macro-focused thinking to embracing micro-moments has positive effects on his well-being. There are light moments in this book. It's like when your friend adds humour to make a point. You might even chuckle while reading.

I have a few minor things that could be improved. For example, while the book offers valuable insights, it sometimes falls short of providing clear, actionable steps for readers. For instance, in a conflict situation, the advice might be general rather than specific. The conversational style might come off as too laid-back. For instance, when discussing serious topics like therapy, the tone remains a bit too informal.

I wouldn't be deducting any stars, like I said earlier; the dislikes are minor ones. With this in mind, I would rate this book five out of five stars, following the positives of this book. I would also recommend this book to lovers of nonfiction and personal stories.

The In-Between
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

I first thought this might be a self-help book, but I suppose I was wrong. Stories of personal growth are always interesting, and unexpected events are very often those that trigger personal growth and deep thoughts. It appears that is what happened to this author, and I'm curious to read more about his thoughts triggered by this accident. Thank you for the interesting review!
Kirsi
Official Reviewer Representative
Abbdul Razak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arazak226.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill
2024 Reading Goal: 140
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Abbdul Razak »

I liked Slayton Natasha Tillett's intro to the story The In-Between. The starting point was amazing. The review taught me how life is not balanced and you shouldn't expect good things always, things can slide. I would love to read the book.
Absolute the skies are not my limit but beyond the boundary of matter :music-listening:
Aleena Augustine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleena-augustine.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Aleena Augustine »

Thanks for the insightful review! Your detailed perspective on 'The In-Between' by Christian Espinosa offers a great understanding of the book's strengths. I'm now intrigued by the transformative journey depicted in the narrative.
Jessica Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-azuka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Jessica Azuka »

The experiences Espinosa face is one which many christians face and they are called trials. They are made to test. I am looking forward to reading this book to learn from it. Amazing review.
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Jane Honda »

Your review of "The In-Between" paints a vivid picture of life's unexpected twists. The author's journey, triggered by a life-changing event, unfolds like a surprising movie plot. Your insights on personal growth and the book's accessible language make it a compelling read.
Rashad Deniro Price
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashad-deniro-price.html
Latest Review: How to Save Your Pet, Yourself, and Your Wallet From Pain and Suffering by Aaron Vine, DVM

Post by Rashad Deniro Price »

I totally agree with this comment of yours: "By sharing his ongoing journey of personal growth, the author inspires readers to recognise that change is a continual process." Knowledge is power, they say, and two good heads are better than one. I look forward to reading this book. 
Nwansimdi Mercy Someze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwansimdi-mercy-someze.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Nwansimdi Mercy Someze »

The In-Between by Christian Espinosa sounds like a captivating journey through life's unexpected moments, where the narrative unfolds in the middle ground between the starting point and destination.
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

I like unexpected events happening in stories. And I think, if I understood correctly, that this book was interesting because of the twists in it despite being a memoir.
Mercy Wambui Ndungu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-wambui-ndungu.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Mercy Wambui Ndungu »

Thank you for sharing your detailed and insightful review of "The In-Between" by Christian Espinosa. Your thoughtful analysis provides potential readers with a comprehensive understanding of the book's strengths and areas for improvement.

The metaphorical journey through life's in-between moments is a captivating concept, and your description of the prologue, which sets the stage with a life-changing car crash and subsequent reflections on health, job instability, and visa issues, paints a vivid picture of the unexpected twists and turns in Espinosa's narrative. Your comparison of the book to a suspenseful movie with surprising plot twists adds an engaging layer to your review.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

This review provides valuable insights into the book "The In-Between" by Christian Espinosa. It highlights the author's personal growth journey and encourages continuous self-improvement. The review praises the simple writing style and well-edited content. Although some areas for improvement are mentioned, they are considered minor. Overall, the review rates the book five stars and recommends it to nonfiction and personal story enthusiasts. It appears to be a helpful review, sufficient in providing key information, and likely to motivate potential buyers. From the reviewer's perspective, the book seems like a valuable addition to anyone's library.
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

Based on the review, "The In-Between" by Christian Espinosa appears to be a captivating and inspiring read. The author's personal journey of self-discovery and the unexpected moments that shape one's life make for a suspenseful and thought-provoking narrative. The book encourages continuous growth and highlights the significance of appreciating the in-between moments. The engaging writing style and careful editing contribute to the overall appeal of the book. While there are minor improvements suggested, the reviewer recommends the book and rates it five out of five stars.
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

I am actually eagerly waiting to read this book, your review acted as a catalyst that builds my interest to make this read by me. Thank you for your review

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”