Official Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Re: Official Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by tarafarah7 »

I'm definitely going to get this book! The cover is awesome...grabbed my attention right away! I love books about travel and personal experiences. I also see that it is available on Audible amd I'm obsessed with audiobooks, so I may have to get that version. :-) Your review was great! Thanks!
Shreyoshi Sen
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreyoshi-sen.html
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam

Post by Shreyoshi Sen »

I was quiet impressed with the plot until you said that the story ended in a cliffhanger. I thought of buying this book but now I have changed my mind. Anyways well done on a great review.
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam
MandalynnJDG
Currently Reading: Spirituality for REAL
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandalynnjdg.html
Latest Review: White Night by J.J. Holt

Post by MandalynnJDG »

Thanks for the review. I do love good memoirs, but like you said sometimes they can be depressing. I am glad to hear this wasn't one of them and that is was worth 4 stars.
michelonline29
Favorite Book: The Eurasians
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelonline29.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by michelonline29 »

Great review! This book will definitely be on my list.
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Babordel
Currently Reading: Guests of the Sheik
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-babordel.html
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch

Post by Babordel »

I am often scared to delve into travel memoirs simply because I tend to feel envious of the author's adventures. In reading the sample, I wasn't as sold as you on the relatability of the writer and her family. Their lifestyle is so far removed from mine, and there must be a certain amount of privilege that allows a whole family to just take off for a year to travel the world.

But, I will admit to being curious about the things they learn on the way. And the idea that the author weaves in messages about loss and family is just intriguing enough to make me overcome my biases and give this book a chance.

Thanks for a great review!
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch
Chandre
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandre.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Chandre »

I would really enjoy reading this book. Brilliant sample. Well done on book of the day.
Zohr
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Zohr »

The author did a great job. First of, it is very difficult recalling tragic memories. The author did great upon opening the review with a hopeful introduction. Although it was a sad experience the way she wrote how her story progresses, brings hope.
Texas_Jazz2016
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 7394">Into the Fire</a>
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-texas-jazz2016.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by Texas_Jazz2016 »

Great review. I thoroughly enjoyed the sample so much I decided to download the whole book and read it.
The author has given us a well written story about her life and I can't wait to continue reading.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one. George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Aldonsa
Currently Reading: God Is Not A Noun: Evolutionaries Illuminati Cosmic Bible Ginan
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aldonsa.html
Latest Review: "The Fifth Crusade" by Mark Butler

Post by Aldonsa »

I like adventurous books about travels that are written from personal experience. Especially, if there is a sense of humor. I would read this one gladly! :) Thank you for such appealing review! :tiphat:
Latest Review: "The Fifth Crusade" by Mark Butler
love2
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by love2 »

Looks like this books is catches an attention right away. I love it I recommended to buy this book. Excellent job
Miche Sora
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Silence Fallen</a>
Currently Reading: Volatile Bonds
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miche-sora.html
Latest Review: "The Devil's Dragon" by Jason F Boggs

Post by Miche Sora »

Thanks for your review! I've traveled a bit, but I can't even imagine sailing on the waters near Africa. The author must be really good to make this experience relatable. Glad you enjoyed the book.
She reads books
as one would breathe air,
to fill up and live.

--Annie Dillard
Latest Review: "The Devil's Dragon" by Jason F Boggs
Eman Frasy
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eman-frasy.html
Latest Review: Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger

Post by Eman Frasy »

A nice and very elaborative review on the memoir of Bluwater Walkaboat by the reviewer. The comments that are in favour of the book and the rating of 4 out of 4 clearly tells that it is an awesome and worth reading book. A good writer is the one who keeps the main theme going along with the addition and deletion of extra material and the way the rewiver states that writer Tina kept the flow of main theme going in wonderful way, shows that she is an author of a top level. Mireover, the descriptive techniques of the writer which keeps the readers feel the scenes of the story is also amazing. I would love to read this story as soon as possible and review it too.
dhwanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhwanis.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dhwanis »

The cover does not really tell the readers what the story is about. Initially I thought I would not pick it up, but after reading the review, I am intregued.
wordteacher
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by wordteacher »

"Rachaelamb1 gave a very positive review of the book , "Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin".
She painted a picture of travel, adventure,family, challenges, dangers, cultures....all finely blended
together in careful colors guaranteeing the reader wholesome reading and knowledge acquisition about sea-life, Africa, nature,family and parenting! Rachaelamb1's review of this book sure makes me want to read it!" - WordTeacher
Musenya Munyalo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Musenya Munyalo »

This book sounds extremely interesting. The book is full of adventure, humor, etc.
Another interesting thing is that it has many instants of time switch, past and future. I enjoyed reading it

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”