Review of Keys to Healthy Communication

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jane Honda
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by C.L. Pratt

Review of Keys to Healthy Communication

Post by Jane Honda »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Keys to Healthy Communication" by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Who is a healthy person? Most people will quickly begin to talk about someone who is fit. I would have given such an answer if I had not come across the book Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton, Rusalyn H Andrews and Jenifer Page Daily. This book was so outstanding that I was able to understand completely who a health person is, and at the end of my read, I was convinced that I had gained lots of knowledge.

In the earliest part of this book, we were introduced to health, and the definition of health according to the World Health Organisation (WHO) was given. From this definition, we were able to see three perspectives on health, which are physical, mental, and social well-being. This definition discredits the notion that being healthy isn’t only about physical well-being. I was more interested in mental health; this area is filled with lots of unhealthy people who don’t realise that they are unhealthy. The subject of communication and health is very direct, which entails that unhealthy communication leads to unhealthiness. How can we maintain healthy communication for our complete well-being? It has all been talked about in great detail. Grab a copy to read more.

When I first started this book and realised that being healthy doesn’t only mean physical healthiness, I realised that this was a book that I was going to learn a lot from, and thankfully, I did learn a lot from this book. Healthy communication seems to be a challenge for most people today, especially in the era where social media platforms are taking over. The authors of this book did justice in explaining communication and how it affects different areas of our lives using different data, tables, etc., which made the lessons very interactive and easy to grasp. The fact that it wasn’t just one person who authored this book gave room for dynamic views of the key concepts of this book. I had no challenge with the writing style; it all made sense to me.

I felt like this book focused more on health than communication, which is supposed to be the key topic. Also, the audience of this book would be limited owing to the medical parts of it, which wouldn’t be understood by everyone. These are the only things I feel should be worked on; aside from that, it's an outstanding read that contains no errors and depicts thorough editing. I would rate this book five out of five stars, following what has been said. I will also recommend this book to therapists, medical professionals, and lovers of self-help books.

Keys to Healthy Communication
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kirui Collins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirui-collins.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Kirui Collins »

Each one of us should be able to maintain healthy communication with those around them. Thanks for the review.
Abiodunakinola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Abiodunakinola »

This book provides a holistic perspective on health, emphasizing the interconnectedness of physical, mental, and social well-being. The insightful exploration of communication's impact on overall health makes it a valuable read for those seeking a comprehensive understanding. Nice review.
iiQ007
Favorite Author: James E Doucette
Favorite Book: The Fountainhead
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iiq007.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis
fav_author_id: 117197

Post by iiQ007 »

Your acknowledgment of the detailed exploration of communication's impact on overall well-being, especially in the age of prevalent social media, enhances the relevance of the book's content. I notice that your review effectively conveys your personal journey with the book, spotlighting its strengths while offering constructive feedback.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”