Review by romantics -- The Banned Book about Love

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
romantics
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Frannie and Tru</a>
Currently Reading: Brave New World
Bookshelf Size: 405
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-romantics.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Review by romantics -- The Banned Book about Love

Post by romantics »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

4 out of 4 stars

"I love Brock Turner"
I was hit with these words and had no idea what to expect. He committed serious felonies, I wouldn't expect anyone to bluntly state that they "loved" him. This line drawled me in and made me want to have to read it.

The Banned Book of Love by Scott Hughes is a short book on love and hate. Hate is something that can eventually become destructive and unreasonable. Love is something that people ought to feel towards each other. Hughes takes a well known case, the case of "People vs Turner", and uses it to show that yes, Turner may have committed felonies but people should not use up their time and energy hating him.

Hate doesn't do any good to anyone. People tend to lean towards hate because it is something that can easily be felt while love, on the other hand, takes strength and courage to do. Hughes sends a message through all this to the reader to tell them to be strong and that each person is special but they just have to take action in doing something or making the world a better place.

After reading this I felt very inspired and a little touched by it. The author had a very powerful language which was what made me have a warm feeling inside. The words in the book were not just there, they became alive with the author's language. This is definitely what I feel to be an exceptional book. A book I recently read, Making Faces by Amy Harmon, had a very excellent plot idea and sketch but the language of the book was just too weak. I constantly felt as if the novel had something missing, making me feel empty inside while reading it. This book not only had a unique concept but also used words that made the text reach out and embrace me.

I am in agreement with Hughes's ideas and also got a rush of adrenaline when he had started talking to me, the reader. The bigger idea of the novel was to create content through love. The books has encouraged me to do what I love to do and spread this love to others.

I definitely recommend this book to others. This short story has captivated me and inspired me to love and do what I love. This book's exceptional use of language is very special and is one that I felt as if I definitely did not waste my time on.

The Banned Book about Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like romantics's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Ceciltrixiedom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =164903">A Very Secret Affair</a>
Currently Reading: The Language Of Flowers
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by Ceciltrixiedom »

This book about love and hate will serve as an inspiration and a reference as well for those haters who have full negativity in life. We hate people because they betrayed us but we dont realize that from forgiveness they will be headed to a right path of love. Such a nice book really!
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

You have a point about the writing being engaging to the reader. Feel free to check out my review of this book. I rated it 3 out of 4 stars.
Feyisayo akande
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Feyisayo akande »

Hmmmmm...... Love it, even though I haven't read the book the review really inspired me and thank you so much for this.
BuzzingQuill
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buzzingquill.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Post by BuzzingQuill »

Great review, you really are able to write a good hook. As for the book I admire the author’s stance against hate (even if I’m guilty of “hating” at times), it’s a refreshing perspective in a time of mass-outrage culture

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”