Review of UNUM: Infinity and Eternity

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Munmun Samanta
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: A Walk in the Twilight
Currently Reading: Kantara
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-munmun-samanta.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Review of UNUM: Infinity and Eternity

Post by Munmun Samanta »

[Following is a volunteer review of "UNUM: Infinity and Eternity" by Rudy Ernst.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

UNUM: Infinity and Eternity by Rudy Ernst

"This small book is about the "Big Picture of Life." Some paragraphs contain summaries of subject matters that may well fill a whole library."Page 3

Though this book demands to be an "out of the box philosophical attempt"(page 4), it permeates deep into countless scientific and mathematical findings beyond our unknown horizon. We, the Homo Sapiens, are rational beings. We possess the glory of attaining the highest potential of digging every possible truth out of the most mysterious mystery of this living world. But even then, the laws that govern the universe are far beyond complete human understanding. Theories abounding the human psyche are beyond encapsulating in a particular hypothesis. Rudy Ernst has proven this in his book.

Infinity is worth suggesting with respect to the enigmas circulating the universe. Theory, describing any logic or area of science, no matter how deeply researched or probed into, cannot define everything within its precise, logistic boundary. We cannot justify everything or explain every theory with our limited exposure to our five senses. There are things beyond our limited speculation, irrespective of renowned theorists and their groundbreaking theories.

The book is interesting and adeptly written. It is professionally edited without a single typo. There is nothing I dislike about this book except its slim volume. I wish I could spend some more pages with Rudy Ernst’s illustrious pen. I love his wise, philosophical undertakings of life. “After we die, all that is left of us is an abstract name on a tombstone, maybe a legacy of some material goods and pictures, all of which have nothing to do with our essence as living humans.” Page-67 While discussing the theory of ‘Happiness’ and our belief in God, the author’s proposition navigates my mental set-up in an astonishing pattern of rethinking and refurbishing. With a candid heart, I rate the book 5 out of 5.

At first, I was hesitant about picking the book as my subject of review, taking for granted the serious scientific matters it is going to celebrate. I was apprehensive that they would go beyond my limited brain power. But I was wrong. Brain-twisting theories are smartly cobbled in such a fascinating way that keeps the readers glued to the pages.

The use of headings and subheadings, with the bold font and underlining, breaking different topics into multiple subtopics, makes the reading easier and more enjoyable. I appreciate the intelligible narrative style that the author has introduced to make his readers intimate with such serious topics. Under his illustrious pen Alpha Beta particles, Neutrinos, the concept of distant simultaneity, Strong theory, Einstein's relativity, and Astrophysics, all get submerged and clarified. Mysteries of life, like, life after death, teeter on a generalized dream of an afterlife, though it is based on the same scientific monopoly. Somewhere, somehow, we are scientifically unscientific. He left no stone unturned to explore and explain any topic related to human existence, be it the existence of God or our infrastructure of belief system. I adore the perspective of his detached observation, where he does not announce his theory but rather excavates the secret threads of hidden realities with which we juggle in our lives, be it our insecurities or moral compasses.

UNUM: Infinity and Eternity
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”