Review of Yourself

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nimish Gadgil
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 187
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimish-gadgil.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Review of Yourself

Post by Nimish Gadgil »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Yourself" by Tommy L. Peck Jr..]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Yourself by Tommy L. Peck Jr.

Rating 5 out of 5.

"Yourself" by Tommy L. Peck Jr. is a book about the rules set by God, especially Jesus. When God made Adam and Eve, they were instructed not to eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge. However, they didn't obey and faced the consequences by hiding. When God finally found them, He asked Adam, "Why are you hiding from me?" Adam replied, "I haven't obeyed your instructions, and I feel ashamed." God inquired why they ate the fruit from the tree of knowledge, and Adam blamed Eve for persuading him. This story illustrates how people often blame others for the difficulties in their lives without reflecting on their own actions. The book primarily focuses on Christianity and endeavors to convey the gifts bestowed upon us by God, which we often fail to follow. It emphasizes the importance of heeding God's guidance rather than succumbing to the influence of the devil.

This book deserves a full rating as it effectively presents what should be done from a Christian perspective. However, it may not be as inclusive as it only addresses a Christian audience. It could benefit from referring to God as a universal entity rather than specifying a particular religious community. The choice of words and the storytelling approach are commendable. The narrative, beginning with the Adam and Eve story, captivates readers and engages their interest.

A potential drawback is that the book predominantly caters to a Christian readership. Nevertheless, if you look beyond this aspect, it serves as a valuable guide for understanding what should or should not be done from a divine perspective. Following these principles can contribute to individual progress and benefit humanity. Regarding editing, a thorough review reveals no grammatical or spelling errors, earning it full marks.

In conclusion, "Yourself" is a recommended read for the Christian community. It eloquently outlines God's expectations for human beings on Earth and provides guidance on avoiding the influence of the devil by wholeheartedly trusting and following God. Doing so not only leads to personal success but also contributes to the betterment of the community. For the entire Christian community, it is highly recommended to obtain a copy of this book and begin implementing the principles established by God.

Yourself
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
N parvin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-parvin.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Hope A Sarah Tilghman Story by Susan Mackewich

Post by N parvin »

Your review is very beautifully put together. I love the way you put the rating at the top, it's very unique as i never saw something like this in any other reviews. You emphasize on the positive aspects of book seamlessly and also shared the setback you felt about the book. Very well done.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”