Review of Round the Twist: Facing the Abdominable

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Susan John Peter
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-john-peter.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of Round the Twist: Facing the Abdominable

Post by Susan John Peter »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Round the Twist: Facing the Abdominable" by Lisa Febre.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Cancer affects people in different ways. Lisa Febre, in her book Round the Twist: Facing the Abominable, revealed her cancer journey, the pains, traumas, treatments she had, and side effects, and how she was affected by it. In December 2021, Lisa received a diagnosis of malignant neoplasm of the sigmoid colon, which was already in stage 4. She was referred to an oncologist by her physician, Dr. Kagan. An appointment was arranged with Dr. Quilici, who performed colostomy surgery on her, but he didn't remove all the cancer he saw, as that would have made her lose two of her vital organs. Dr. Quilici later suggested chemotherapy to dissolve or shrink the remaining cancer cells in her body. Would you love to know more about Lisa's cancer journey? Then grab a copy of this book to learn more.

I came to understand that some people diagnosed with cancer see it as a death sentence, and they give up even before the cancer battle begins. But it wasn't the same for Lisa, as she was optimistic and didn't see it as the end of her life; instead, she had a different perspective and faced the reality of battling the disease.

What I liked about this book was how Lisa handled the news from her doctors when they told her of her condition; her confidence and positivity were top-notch. Furthermore, I loved how, during each step of her cancer journey, she consulted her friends who were cancer survivors on what to expect next. I liked how her husband, Louis, never gave her any chance of giving up and was always supportive and with her every step of the way. The love and support from her friends, family, and doctors is also what I admire.

Round the Twist: Facing the Abominable by Lisa Febre is free of criticism, and there is nothing I disliked about it, as reading it gave me a reason to appreciate life and be grateful for good health. I discovered zero errors in my reading, which led me to conclude that it was an exceptionally well-edited book. Therefore, I couldn't think of any possible way to reward it with a lesser rating than 5 out of 5 stars.

Those who are on a cancer journey or those with family or friends affected by cancer would love this book, as they would learn to emulate Lisa's positivity.

Round the Twist: Facing the Abdominable
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Cara Wilding
Favorite Book: Sierra Six
Currently Reading: Global Vice
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cara-wilding.html
Latest Review: Family Business by James Jack Fauser
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 7%

Post by Cara Wilding »

Susan John Peter wrote: 17 Oct 2023, 02:25 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Round the Twist: Facing the Abdominable" by Lisa Febre.]

Cancer affects people in different ways. Lisa Febre, in her book Round the Twist: Facing the Abominable, revealed her cancer journey, the pains, traumas, treatments she had, and side effects, and how she was affected by it. In December 2021, Lisa received a diagnosis of malignant neoplasm of the sigmoid colon, which was already in stage 4. She was referred to an oncologist by her physician, Dr. Kagan. An appointment was arranged with Dr. Quilici, who performed colostomy surgery on her, but he didn't remove all the cancer he saw, as that would have made her lose two of her vital organs. Dr. Quilici later suggested chemotherapy to dissolve or shrink the remaining cancer cells in her body. Would you love to know more about Lisa's cancer journey? Then grab a copy of this book to learn more.

I came to understand that some people diagnosed with cancer see it as a death sentence, and they give up even before the cancer battle begins. But it wasn't the same for Lisa, as she was optimistic and didn't see it as the end of her life; instead, she had a different perspective and faced the reality of battling the disease.
This feels like an inspiring read. I think many of us know, or have known, someone afflicted with cancer. I'm in awe of those who conquer this disease and those who remain positive in their fight. I imagine this type of book would give peace and comfort to those who might be going through the same experiences, and make them feel less alone (hopefully, they are not alone)! I enjoyed reading your review, thanks so much for sharing it with us!
Stephen Pokoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-pokoo.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Stephen Pokoo »

Your review highlights the inspirational aspect of this book, particularly for those touched by cancer. It's a source of comfort and camaraderie, as your review suggests. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Alexander Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-victoria.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Alexander Victoria »

Round the Twist: Facing the Abominable" by Lisa Febre is a courageous account of a cancer journey that embodies resilience and determination. Lisa's story serves as a beacon of hope, proving that in the face of adversity, one can summon the strength to fight back and redefine their outlook.
Miracle Oge Adaeze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miracle-oge-adaeze.html
Latest Review: The Maple Seed Helicopter by Marco Collina

Post by Miracle Oge Adaeze »

Cancer is one of the worst news anybody can get. It does not only affect the carrier; the loved ones are affected too. This book must be dissipating a lot of emotions. Thank you for the review.
Marina Flisvou
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Marina Flisvou »

Your review explained what the book is about and what you liked about it very well.
I'm glad you mentioned how Lisa didn't give up when she was diagnosed with cancer, and instead, she faced it with positivity. It's inspiring to hear about her confidence and strength.
It shows that you really enjoyed the book.
Your review will be helpful for others who are dealing with cancer or supporting someone who is. It's a great reminder of the power of positivity and love in facing life's challenges.
Marina
Joseph Olivia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-olivia.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Joseph Olivia »

What struck me most about Lisa's story was her unwavering confidence and positivity even in the face of daunting news from her doctors. Her approach to consulting friends who were cancer survivors and the unwavering support from her husband, family, and medical team showcased the incredible strength and love surrounding her journey.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Dragonfly by Shirlae A Carruthers

Post by Veronica Hunter »

Lisa Febre's 'Round the Twist: Facing the Abominable' is a raw and inspiring account of her battle with stage 4 sigmoid colon cancer. Her journey, from diagnosis to surgery and chemotherapy, offers readers a window into the challenges of facing a life-altering illness. Lisa's resilience and optimism shine through, making this book not just a personal narrative but a source of strength and hope for others navigating similar paths.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”