Review of Choose to Soar

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mashi Seroney
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 477
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mashi-seroney.html
Latest Review: How to Break the Glass Ceiling & Still Keep It Nice by Kat Kennan

Review of Choose to Soar

Post by Mashi Seroney »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Choose to Soar" by Annie Meehan.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Storms come in all shapes and sizes, but they all have the potential to shape the people we become. Have these storms defined the person you are today? Choose to Soar: Navigating Disruptions in Business and Life delves into the theme of storms to help you navigate the disruptions you might have encountered in life.

The book is divided into three parts, with the first part containing three chapters. Annie Meehan begins by posing insightful questions, such as how do you define a storm? What storms have you encountered, and which lessons did you pick? She devised a tool called STORMS to help you soar. S stands for stillness, silence, and sadness, while T is for time. O stands for Openness, R for Relationships, M for mindfulness, and S for soaring above the storms.

Chapter 2 discusses the different types of storms and how they can be categorized in our lives. Maslow's hierarchy of needs is used to explain the five levels of needs that people need. Chapter 3 helps you in creating a Storm First Aid Kit, which aids in maneuvering through tough times. The succeeding parts will enlighten you on how to wield the STORMS to realize the best version of yourself.

Meehan dedicated a couple of chapters to discuss STORMS. She lost her mother, stepmother, stepbrother, and father in quick succession. The most recent and devastating event was Hurricane IAN in 2022, which destroyed her family's home and livelihood on the island of Florida. The island is still recovering from the hurricane's impact. Meehan said that losing her home as a child motivated her to strive for greatness in life. She used the analogy of an eagle: eagles use storms to thrive. The same can be true for us. Using storms as stepping stones can help us navigate hardships.

My favorite chapter is the one about openness. It encourages readers to embrace vulnerability, which starts with acknowledging that we don't have all the answers in life. Instead, we should welcome help from others, such as our family, friends, and professionals. Meehan discusses how storms can manifest themselves in our professional, personal, and literal lives, and she provides solutions for each of these areas. My biggest takeaway from this book is that helping others can help us heal ourselves. As the author says, this can speed up the healing process.

I found no flaws in this informative book. Consequently, I rate Choose to Soar 5 out of 5. I highly recommend this informative book to anyone who is struggling or healing. The nuggets of wisdom found therein will help you rise above your obstacles and realize your potential.

Choose to Soar
View: on Bookshelves
Creshonda Thomas 2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Creshonda Thomas 2 »

I discovered no imperfections in this enlightening book. As a result, I give "Choose to Soar" a perfect 5 out of 5 rating. I wholeheartedly suggest this informative read to individuals facing challenges or on a journey of healing. The valuable insights within will empower you to overcome obstacles and unlock your full potential.
Stan Chapter
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Stan Chapter »

Honestly speaking storm comes in shapes and sizes. The book would really be an interesting read. Thanks for the honest review
Rica Concepcion
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by Rica Concepcion »

I can tell that this book is good. I appreciate the author for providing the abbreviation STORM in order for the readers to easily remember the word. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Cara Wilding
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Sierra Six
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cara-wilding.html
Latest Review: Shame the Devil by Wayne J Guglielmo

Post by Cara Wilding »

Mashi Seroney wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 05:38
My favorite chapter is the one about openness. It encourages readers to embrace vulnerability, which starts with acknowledging that we don't have all the answers in life. Instead, we should welcome help from others, such as our family, friends, and professionals. Meehan discusses how storms can manifest themselves in our professional, personal, and literal lives, and she provides solutions for each of these areas. My biggest takeaway from this book is that helping others can help us heal ourselves. As the author says, this can speed up the healing process.
This sounds like a book we could all use at some point in our lives! I would also most enjoy the chapter about openness and vulnerability. I've seen this same message in a book I recently read, explicitly being able to ask for help as a strength. Your takeaway is a good one - it feels profound in its simplicity. Thanks so much for your review; I enjoyed it.
AdrianCarranza28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adriancarranza28.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
2023 Reading Goal: 518
2023 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by AdrianCarranza28 »

The STORMS framework is a brilliant tool for self-discovery and growth, especially the chapter on openness, which emphasizes the importance of vulnerability and seeking help
AdrianCarranza28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adriancarranza28.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
2023 Reading Goal: 518
2023 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by AdrianCarranza28 »

The STORMS framework is a brilliant tool for self-discovery and growth, especially the chapter on openness, which emphasizes the importance of vulnerability and seeking help
Raseena Zaidi
Currently Reading: Swimming in a Sea of Stars
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Raseena Zaidi »

I think in this story we found how to fight against the problem of life strong our self and behave with life love the chapter 3 full of lessons
RutvikPatel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rutvikpatel.html
Latest Review: Courage of One by zolablue

Post by RutvikPatel »

Your review of "Choose to Soar: Navigating Disruptions in Business and Life" by Annie Meehan effectively highlights the book's focus on navigating life's storms and disruptions. Your review offers insights into the book's structure and themes, making it informative for potential readers.

You commend the author for posing thought-provoking questions at the beginning of the book, which encourage self-reflection and engagement with the material. These questions help readers connect with the theme of storms and disruptions and set the stage for the tools and strategies the author presents.
ation.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”

Automatic Ads by Google