Review of The Lost Child

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TipheyDANIEL
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tipheydaniel.html
Latest Review: The Lost Child by Charlie Blakely

Review of The Lost Child

Post by TipheyDANIEL »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Lost Child" by Charlie Blakely.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Charlie Blakely in her book titled The Lost Child presented a story of recovery from narcissistic abuse. This piece is a book of hope and recovery from Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (CPTSD) induced basically by narcissistic parenting.
Based on her personal experience growing up and being abused by a narcist, preferably referred to by her as 'The Mother', good research work on the subject, and a handful of work experience as a mental health support worker, she has put out this book.

The Lost Child is a story of how a young girl was abused by her narcissistic mother referred to as "The Mother" throughout the book, who suffered from a personality disorder.
The book shows how right from age two, the young girl has suffered this narcissistic abuse, to puberty and through adulthood.
Charlie, who's the young girl suffered a great deal in the hands of the narcist mother. The book presents stories on the abuse, exposes various attitudes of the narcists, and practical steps in dealing with the issue.

I don't dislike anything about the book, the Lost Child is a material full of lessons and very practical. I love the fact of breaking the story into pieces to learn from, quite attention-grabbing and emotionally attached, as you can flow with the storyline with the picture in your head.
My only challenge was the font, it was quite difficult for me to read at first, probably because I wasn't used to it well, but I got along a bit as the reading progressed.

I give the book a Four-Star rating, I didn't find any error in there too save the font that I found more stressful to read.

I'll recommend this great material to anybody who is currently a victim of narcissism and wants to be free from the hold, to everyone who is not yet and never want to be a victim, and also to everyone not desiring to be a narcist.

The Lost Child
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”