Review of Fantastic

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Davy Ifedigbo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-davy-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Small Business, Big Stress: A Practical Guide to Managing the Chaos and Finding Success by Niki Reiche

Review of Fantastic

Post by Davy Ifedigbo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fantastic" by Dr Chandrika Barman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

No one enjoys being unjustly accused of wrongdoing they didn't commit. Individuals who seek to level such accusations against us will go to great lengths to gather fabricated evidence to substantiate their claims. We must exercise caution and avoid falling into the snare set by these deceitful accusers. Within this comprehensive book, the author extensively presents the evidence surrounding her wrongful accusation by the Australian government, despite the absence of any substantiating proof.

Fantastic by Chandrika Barman is a captivating book detailing the author's journey with the Australian government. Chandrika Barman and her husband, Devesh Dhulekar, are accomplished doctors from India who have established their lives in Australia. Before their relocation, Chandrika Barman resided near the Kamakhya temple in northeast India, where she encountered various mystical practices and divination. Unfortunately, some individuals in India stigmatized these practices and directed derogatory remarks toward them. This led the author to believe that practicing her unique activities felt safer in India than in Australia, a predominantly Christian country. In the book, Chandrika Barman sheds light on the events that transpired on February 18, 2023, following their participation in a festival dedicated to Lord Shiva. The author narrates her encounters with O'Neil Maharaj and addresses the allegations of harassment leveled against her by the Australian government. To delve deeper into Chandrika Barman's experiences in Australia, readers will need to explore the captivating 114 pages of her book.

I enjoyed some aspects of the book. The inclusion of various images by the author played a vital role as they visually depicted the concepts discussed throughout the book. Seventy-one images were incorporated, some providing tangible evidence for the accusations directed at the author. I appreciated the author's inclusion of specific dates for all significant events mentioned in the book. For example, on page 3, the date of the Lord Shiva festival was documented as February 2023, while on page 13, the author mentioned the date of the ghost hunter's visit to the haunted house as July 6th, 2016. The author's meticulousness in maintaining records is something I admire, as it emphasizes the importance of documenting noteworthy occurrences in our own lives.

Some aspects of the book did not resonate with me. I noticed that the author employed two names, Chandrika Barman and Chandrika Dhulekar, which confused me as I initially believed they were distinct individuals. Chandrika Barman was featured on the book's cover photo, while Chandrika Dhulekar appeared on page 22. Additionally, the author's writing style may prove challenging for some readers to comprehend. I had to reread certain book sections multiple times before fully grasping their meaning. For example, the author substituted "docs" for "doctors" and "frens" for "friends," which could potentially present difficulties for certain readers.

The author's courage is a quality that every woman should aspire to. She displayed unwavering conviction in standing up for her beliefs, devoid of fear. I found no errors in the book, so it is extraordinarily well-edited. Due to the aspects of the book that did not resonate with me, I rate it 3 out of 5 stars and recommend it to readers interested in a book about an individual falsely accused by a foreign government and the subsequent measures taken to address the situation.

Fantastic
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”