Review of Craig's Record Factory

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Resonant
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: Craig's Record Factory by Craig Odanovich
fav_author_id: 77547
2023 Reading Goal: 50
2023 Goal Completion: 68%

Review of Craig's Record Factory

Post by Alex Reeves »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Craig's Record Factory" by Craig Odanovich.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Learning from entrepreneurs and successful businessmen is a key ingredient to establishing your own empire if you really desire success. This book, Craig’s Record Factory by Craig Odanovich, tells the exciting tale of a determined man who built a record empire out of a small record store in Corpus Christi. Without a thorough knowledge of the record industry, but with a unique understanding of music and a fervor to succeed, Craig opened a store that attracted music lovers in the golden era of music.

Through striving, determination, and focus, Craig’s store was so successful that he had to begin expansion. After a while, he found himself in the video industry, and as the businessman that he is, he didn’t do the industry any justice. He even went as far as partnering with H-E-B and opening a video rental store called Video Central, a venture that pulled in more revenue than Blockbuster at the time. This book details his motives and decisions that made his success story an exhilarating one, and without a doubt, I’m certain that any young entrepreneur would cherish the insights this book provides.

Anytime I lay my hands on books written by successful entrepreneurs, I always make sure to never let go unless I’ve learned a lot of lessons from that book. Sincerely speaking, the author of this book didn't disappoint. A brilliant aspect of this book is the fact that the author didn’t give ideas based solely on his business, but instead gave ideas applicable to all business ventures. His passion to succeed in business, which was borne out of his experience in his parents store, was almost second nature to him. He explained in detail his decision-making process, factors that helped him formulate great business ideas, and how he transformed these ideas into actions that influenced sales positively.

Moreover, the author made note of the fact that he and his admirable team never stopped formulating ideas to increase sales and satisfy customers. To tell the truth, reading this book was a great decision on my part, and I’m certain the lessons and ideas I garnered from it will certainly improve my business mind.

This book was very appealing to read. I was glued to it till the very end, which, by the way, was an interesting part of the book. Near the end, the author recalled how he started writing an action trilogy that turned out to be a great read. He explained how he got his ideas for the trilogy, and he even provided many excerpts from the trilogy in this book. I enjoyed reading about the trilogy, although it greatly bothered me that the author included so many details about it in the book.

As I stated earlier, I was bothered that the author included so many excerpts from his trilogy in this book. It was a thrill to read, don’t get me wrong, but it seemed very unrelated to the information the book was putting out. This book was supposed to be about the author’s entrepreneurial journey, so I would say that including the trilogy and explaining it in detail diverges from the subject matter of the book. This, however, is from my standpoint, and someone else may view it very differently.

The editor of this novel did a very professional job, as I only found a few errors in its 256 pages. All said and done, I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars, and from my perspective, that is a very appropriate rating for it. I would’ve rated it perfect if not for the aspect I found unappealing, but I must confess that it was a very interesting read.

In conclusion, I recommend this book to young entrepreneurs willing to embrace the knowledge of someone who has been in business for a major part of his life. If you’re looking to go into the music or video retail industry, I highly recommend this book to you. It is still a thriving market, and this book could be your guide, as you’re certain to learn so many things from it. What are you doing today?

Craig's Record Factory
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted to bear.”
Marcus Aurelius :tiphat:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”