Review of Resurrecting the Cross

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Review of Resurrecting the Cross

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Resurrecting the Cross" by Ernest Randolph.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Jesus died on the cross for our sins. He took away guilt. Jesus came to forgive our sins; he came to give us unconditional love. Unconditional love is the kind of love the Spirit births and trains in us when we accept and believe in Jesus Christ. He came to bring us suffering and struggles through which we grow in the love and truth of God.

Resurrecting the Cross is a perfect explanation of what Christ came to do, give, and even take away. This book differentiates between the mosaic law and the love of God. It clearly explains what those laws are and why we shouldn't live by them. It also tells us why we should have faith in Christ to grow with the Spirit so we can inherit righteousness and love one another just as Christ did.

I noticed some commendable aspects of this book. First, Ernest Randolph, who has experienced and witnessed the amazing love of Christ, did an exceptional job with this book. This book explained the unclear teachings I had been given some years back; those teachings were really vague, as we were just told not to live by the law but by the grace given to us by Jesus. But what was this law? What was this grace? These will be answered in this book. The author added anecdotes and allegories that helped explain his points. The story of Stan was written like a parable. It portrayed the evil men and women we see in life. The hardships people, both innocent and bad, go through. The cracks and emptiness force them into going in the other direction and seeking help in the wrong place and in the wrong way.

The author also added personal stories and encounters with his parents, roommates, and others. The story about how he grew up with his parents taught him the need for forgiveness and removing guilt. It was also great that the author did not discriminate against other religions; he went straight to the point and avoided judging them. I liked that the author was able to convince me that one could possibly live a life in Christ and have freedom. Each chapter began with a title and a verse or two from the Bible. This book also had a great introduction, a preface, appendices, and a bibliography.

This is an excellent book and was almost devoid of errors, and I would say it was professionally edited. Therefore, I'll rate this book five out of five stars. I found nothing to dislike about the book.

This book explains something Christians find hard to accept in society, and I would very much recommend they read it and experience the love of God. Other people looking for a clear explanation of the law and grace should also read this book.

Resurrecting the Cross
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ejimma Chika Promise
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejimma-chika-promise.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Post by Ejimma Chika Promise »

In as much as one is a believer, the coming of Christ has done a lot of impact on our belief in God.
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

The last line of the review is a very clear recommendation. The clear explanation is something which is absolutely required. Loved the review
Sumit78648
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sumit78648 »

The book's valid position is one of its resources. Olson follows the improvement of the cross as a picture, beginning with its usage in the Roman Area and happening into the middle age and present day time frames. Additionally, he takes a gander at the different Christian traditions' understandings of the cross, including Protestant, Catholic, and General perspectives.

The book's nuanced method for managing the cross-related examines is another strength. While Olson perceives that the cross has been used to legitimize hostility and oppression since the dawn of time, he also causes to see the way it has outfitted various Christians with comfort, inspiration, and trust. He battles that on a very basic level and pleasantly helping out the cross is central to getting a handle on its marvelous and multifaceted nature.

Besides, the book is created well and is direct, seeking after it a wonderful choice for perusers who are enthusiastic about history or reasoning. Olson involves clear language and interacting with counsels for frame his places, and he gives areas of strength for an of key terms for perusers who might be new to the subject.

Generally speaking, "Restoring the Cross" is a colossal commitment to the field of Christian perspective and a convincing assessment with respect to the different repercussions and utilizations of the cross beginning from the beginning of humanity. Anybody with any interest whatsoever all through the whole presence of Christianity, the significance of severe pictures, or the association among religion and culture should figure out it.
Shardon Burrell
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shardon Burrell »

this book is great for devotions and bible studies ,you could use it to preach a sermon

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”