Dec 2015 BOTM ~ Feat. Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nwonye Obini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwonye-obini.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Re: Dec 2015 BOTM ~ Feat. Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. New

Post by Nwonye Obini »

I regard this as a thorough way of looking at what we do. There is joy or empathy when hear about other people's stories.
Gracie777
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracie777.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gracie777 »

BURN ZONES by Jorge P. Newberry
After reading the review on, "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newberry, this seems like a book I would enjoy reading since I am a fun of autobiographies. It would be a wonderful experience to immerse myself into Jorge's mind as he navigates through the different "Burn Zones" of his life and how he manages to come out stronger. To be engaged by his courage to work for competing newspaper companies as a young boy and to use his life lessons when he is older to build up wealth.
Good review, I am captivated by the book already, even without getting a hold of it.
TIGER999
Currently Reading: The Haunting of Winchester Mansion Omnibus
Bookshelf Size: 146

Post by TIGER999 »

Truly inspiring...love books that highlight determination, passion, and perseverance. I think we could all use a dose of enthusiasm & support along life's journey. Thanks for a commendable review!
Jude Anaekwe
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jude Anaekwe »

Great job, life is a journey keep it up
Gina Miller
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Gina Miller »

"Burn Zones" is like a rollercoaster ride of near failures and successes. Going through the valleys of life and career to the mountain tops of success and pride of never giving up. This story gives inspiration to anyone who wants to face life and career head on and not give in to failure.
Wesono
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesono.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Wesono »

The music band section of the review actually caught my attention and gave me a feel of excitement about the book
wykin
Currently Reading: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by wykin »

This is a great review..With the look of things,this book will teach many people lessons. Wish to have the book.
MaryIamMueni
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 56

Post by MaryIamMueni »

The book is inspiring. I liked the review so thank you for the excellent review.
Simon Evans
Currently Reading: OUCH! The Pain of Modern Civilization
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Simon Evans »

BURN ZONES :playing life's bad hand by Jorge P. Newbery is really motivating and encouraging to drive at success, despite life's obstacles, Jorge's transition from one life's zone to the other, makes it of a great interest for every reader, this review is nice, thanks to the Author for putting this together..
willo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by willo »

I developed a never-give-up mindset once I read this book.
Katerina Katapodi
Favorite Author: Rin Chupeco
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3829

Post by Katerina Katapodi »

This book is amazing and full of suspense, one can say, as it demonstrate, how unpredictable life can be some times! The things happened to hero here, can happen to anybody, and still worse! Thus as life is unpredictable sometimes, and things come in a different way from the one, we've planned or want, we are forced sometimes, to develop ''other'' forces and talents to overcome problems and unhappy facts!
Yes, man is stronger than what we think and we can find this strength in ourselves too! Everything is dictated from feeling to survive, or if we have tendency from our unhappiness we can become even more wise, and discover things and people we hadn't imagined so far! If one has a good character, he/she can use his/her forces and talents to develop in other domains, and here in book ''HELP OTHERS'' there's nothing better than this, and it's the main term of self-fulfillment in life. The determinism of Being! Congratulations to Author!
aggiered04
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by aggiered04 »

Awesome review! I was thinking about reading it but I wasn’t totally convinced. You certainly got me to the “reader” side! I’m not sure how much I’ll personally relate to it once I do start reading it, but your review tells me to give it a shot.
Nimat87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimat87.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Nimat87 »

Great Review! I really appreciate the fact that you explained the title of the book in relation to its content. This sounds like an inspirational book with an interesting character.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I absolutely love your review because your enthusiasm for the book is clear, without creating a biased review.
The metaphor of the burn zones is great, I´d never heard of the term before. I don´t know if the editors already pointed it out, but it´s not exactly a euphemism, at least not in the Linguistic sense of the word.
Anyway, sounds like Jorge built a life for himself and that´s always inspirational and I´m all for Disney-like motivation every once in a while.
Sounds like a great book! Thanks for your review.
Onat
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Onat »

Awesome Review, CataclysmicKnight, I like motivational and inspiration book, I think I must read this book.. Burn Zones.. and Congrats to the author as well.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”