Dec 2015 BOTM ~ Feat. Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BILL[]
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Dec 2015 BOTM ~ Feat. Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by BILL[] »

Success demands commitment and hardwork with smart brain.This book may gives readers inspiration to move forward like Jorge.
Spath
Currently Reading: Decide Success
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spath.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Spath »

Tremendous review! Definitely would want to read this book after reading your very well written and complimentary review.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Burn Zones isn't a book for bikers, but the analogy to a pedaler's challenges is spot-on. A go-getter from age seven, Jorge is one hell of a rider in the race called Life! I was mesmerized by his extraordinary nerve and confidence. He will teach the reader many good lessons. Let's all burn with his passion and set the world on fire!
jrmeans09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jrmeans09.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by jrmeans09 »

I didn’t expect to be drawn into the book sample because it’s not my typical genre. However, the writing was conversational and quickly had me forgetting that I like fiction more than non-fiction. It was as if the author was in my room and bragging about his accomplishments.

His explanation of burn zones and how it applies to more than just races was interesting. The business savvy he had at age 7 was impressive and the rest of the sample just reinforced how strong willed he was.
It was an interesting beginning and I can’t wait to read the rest.
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

This book is truly motivational. How a newspaper turned himself into a business mogul is always an enjoyable read. I especially liked the part of the book when Jorge embraced the punk movement. Entertaining.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Charine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 477
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charine.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Charine »

Thanks for your stellar review! This was such an easy read, albeit only the sample, the narrative flowed effortlessly whilst captivating the reader completely. Usually autobiographies are tough to read but Jorge P. Newbery combines his many talents to produce a work of art. I found the description of 'burn zones' enlightening and enjoyed seeing how the author applied this metaphor to his challenges in life.
"You forget what you want to remember, and you remember what you want to forget."
- Cormac McCarthy
nebula7575
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by nebula7575 »

The great information in the review was better than the sample I read. The story of the self build riches is truly inspiring. The title alone is catching, let alone the authors way of thinking of life is a great lesson to people to thrive through adversity is easily there for all to read. Great review and makes me want to read the book even more than the sample pages. The Burn Zone by Jorge P. Newbery is on my list of just reads.
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

This is not a book I would read.. it's not my genre and the storyline isn't pulling me...
Ogayemi micheal

Post by Ogayemi micheal »

I really enjoyed the review, the story revolves around how a newspaper delivery boy turned into a successful entrepreneur through hard work and helping people.
The book is highly motivating.
Lydia Sareena

Post by Lydia Sareena »

Everyone perspective is different,that's what I always believe in but there is always a chance to share ones opinion so well,I totally agree to the review about being inspirational but I don't think it can be a fairlytale kinda content can make a sport a interesting thing.
ayowumi1993

Post by ayowumi1993 »

The inspiration behind this book is that "Life is a race, the race gets tougher as we move on,some people are consumes by challenges and difficulties that occurs while on the race, only those who perseveres, works hard and stand regardless of the hurdles becomes master of the race"
bolajee

Post by bolajee »

What an inspiring and motivating book that dipict the life of a struggling boy with dreams of making it in life through the hard times of his red light of training ground to his green light of dream come true.its a book to read for those who desire to live an eagle life.great book.Congrates to the author!
ayowumi1993

Post by ayowumi1993 »

The inspiration begind this book is that"Life is a race, the race gets tougher as we move on , some are consumed by the challenges and difficulties faced durring the race, only those who perseveres and work hard and stand despite the hurdles becomes the master of the race
Chiminhapedro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Chiminhapedro »

Burn zones
It a good sample that which was relatively short periods of extraordinary effort that separated the winners and losers. He was around ten years old. Jorge P newbery is a good writer.focus on enduring the pain until the pace slows.Burn zones include long climb.
angeloobeta

Post by angeloobeta »

Just like the name sounds. It's like a motivational and inspirational book that will recommed for every young fellow that is struggling through life strugle.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”