Review of Cake Therapy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Awesomely Awkward Dating Tips for Beginners by Tina Kowalski

Review of Cake Therapy

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Cake Therapy" by Altreisha N Foster.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Cake Therapy by Altreisha N. Foster is a book that tells the author's incredible life story. She was born and raised in Jamaica before moving to the United States in her youth. Her mother raised her alone after her father left. They were very poor and faced a lot of hardships. Altreisha was very smart and differed from people around her. She and her mother always believed there was more for her. She pursued her dreams and managed to complete her PhD before turning thirty. Her life took a huge detour when she was going through a tough pregnancy and doctors put her to rest. She was bored and applied to a cooking class that took her later in life to a different place. She found her passion in baking and could achieve good results quickly. Later, that became a business that put her in significant places in life. Grab Cake Therapy by Altreisha N. Foster to learn all about her background and success story.

The book is inspirational. The writer managed to create for herself a means of survival out of really difficult circumstances. I like how she kept believing in herself and pursuing her dreams. I appreciate the people she met through her journey who made a huge difference in her life. She was lucky to meet those amazing people. I admire her mother for being so giving and selfless as well. My favorite part was the last part of the book, where she started talking about the baking journey. I felt the book became more alive, and I really enjoyed it.

I didn't hate anything about the book. Maybe in the beginning, the pace was a little slow. That was because the writer was laying the foundation of her story by mentioning what formed her. I felt sorry for her father's absence, and I know how this can affect people. I also feel bad about the amount of abuse she went through. I admire that she found it in her heart to start forgiving the people who abused her. It takes a lot of strength and courage to do that.

The book contained a great story about a great person. It received professional editing. I could only notice a minor error. Therefore, I rate the book five out of five stars.

I recommend the book to people who like to read about success stories and get inspired. However, I should give a trigger warning that the book has a part that discusses the abuse that the writer went through.

Cake Therapy
View: on Bookshelves
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

Thanks for your review. I like the title of this book a lot. As someone who loves cooking (not so much baking), I can relate to the therapeutic aspect of creating delicious food.
Tamara Bengesai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-bengesai.html
Latest Review: Seeking... Finding... Healing... by Becky Lu Jackson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Tamara Bengesai »

You did a great job with this review. I have found this book inspirational as someone going through a difficult situation at the moment.
Chinedum Chijioke
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Reawakening the magic volume 1 by Claire De Voyant

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

I need to read this book soon to gain firsthand insights on the inspiration part of the story. Thank you for the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”