Review of Meditation for Beginners

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Awesomely Awkward Dating Tips for Beginners by Tina Kowalski

Review of Meditation for Beginners

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Meditation for Beginners" by Kristy McMillan.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Meditation for Beginners: Healing Benefits of Meditation by Kristy McMillan is a book that gives some information about meditation and its benefits for beginners. The book is available in many formats. It's available in paperback, Kindle, and audiobook. The book starts with an explanation of stress, its causes, and why stress is a reaction in our bodies. Also, it lists the negative effects that stress can have on our bodies. Then, it talks about the importance of meditation and what you can get out of it. It describes how meditation can affect us physically and mentally. After that, the book moves on to explain how meditation works and how it has these effects on the body and mind. In addition, the book explains the main categories of meditation. Then, it explains how meditation can be used to help with pain and ailments. It has really effective results in that area. Finally, the book addresses the problems that people can face in meditation and suggests proper solutions to them.

I liked everything about the book. I chose the audio version, and let me tell you, I already feel relaxed by just listening to it while breathing almost properly. Speaking of that, the book mentions and explains different breathing techniques. I found that really useful. I like the calm tone of the book. I like that the writer explained things in a simple, encouraging tone without forcing them. Also, the writer was spontaneously funny. This always helps with delivering the message and digesting it. It also helped with keeping a good pace for the book.

There was nothing to hate about the book. It suits beginners as promised and provides a lot of useful information. It's not too long or time-consuming. It's short and to-the-point. I like that the author referred to herself and her experiences throughout the book. Setting examples is always encouraging. She was also realistic with her suggestions, which makes them applicable.

The book fulfills its purpose nicely, and the writer has a beautiful style of writing. Therefore, I rate this book five out of five stars. The book received professional editing. I couldn't detect any errors while listening to it.

I recommend the book to people who are interested in meditation and would like to have a place to start. I also recommend it to people who are suffering from stress and pressure in life. This would give you a breather.

Meditation for Beginners
View: on Bookshelves
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Stephanie Stones »

This is an interesting and well thought of review. I would love to try out this book and know more about the fascinating things in it. This is an interesting storyline.
Bianca Morano
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: White Nights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianca-morano.html
Latest Review: High Clowder Cats by Ruby Knight

Post by Bianca Morano »

I think meditation is a kind of thing that would not suit me. Thanks for the good review of this book.
Unique Mary Iloakasia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-mary-iloakasia.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Unique Mary Iloakasia »

I enjoyed reading this review. The positive and negative aspects were properly outlined. It highlights the good job the reviewer did. I recommend this book to all.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”