Review of Retired/rewired/not expired

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nemanja Jankovic
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 545
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Review of Retired/rewired/not expired

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Retired/rewired/not expired" by Joel Cadesky.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Retired/Rewired! Not expired! by Joel Cadesky is the title of the author's unusual biography that focuses primarily on his adult, professional, and family life. Readers will learn how a Jewish boy from a small town in Ontario finished his studies, moved to a big city, and how the author, who has a degree in sociology and teaching experience, ended up in the insurance industry through an engaging narrative.

The author's biography distinguishes itself from others because of the author's exceptional optimism and concern for people, which can only be compared to his integrity and work ethic. The book is well-organized, both logically and chronologically. Despite having an enviable career in insurance sales, the author recalls with equal fondness his childhood friends, many of whom he is still in contact with. One chapter contains over thirty short stories based on the author's experience as an insurance sales agent.

What I liked best about the book was the author's empathy and concern for others. Most people imagine insurance employees as hardworking professionals who are always looking for ways to make money. Joel Cadesky, on the other hand, chose a completely different approach that was full of understanding, care, top service, and professionalism. Without a doubt, excellent results were also obtained. Some mottos, such as "My word is my bond, my bond is my word," or "Do not fear competition, but rather thrive on it," should be remembered by every professional. I also liked how the author, despite being a successful professional, was never ashamed of his summer job of garbage collection. The author developed empathy for people of all social classes as a result of his humble beginnings. The book frequently emphasizes the unpredictability of life's situations, which I consider to be one of the most important life lessons. I appreciate that the author was not ashamed of his rare failures, but instead learned valuable lessons from them.

I didn't like how the author spent so much time describing his career while only mentioning his family on occasion. Also, given the author's sincerity, I expected the book to include photographs with which the author would illustrate his biography. Their absence denied readers a full picture of the author's life. A slightly higher number of typos does not affect the enjoyment of the book.

An optimistic outlook on life, striving for the best, an interesting and diverse career, and valuable life lessons far outweigh shortcomings. That's why I rate the book 4 out of 5 stars.

I recommend the book to biographies fans as well as employees in the insurance industry and jobs that require direct client contact.

Retired/rewired/not expired
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Seems he found a niche in the insurance sector and capitalized on it. Would like to read more. Great review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Amaprella
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Amaprella »

You mentioned that there are valuable life lessons to learn from this book. For this, I'll like to read this book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”