Review of Purpose

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lorena Fernandez
Currently Reading: Before the Coffee Gets Cold
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorena-fernandez.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini
Reading Device: B07L5GDTYY

Review of Purpose

Post by Lorena Fernandez »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Purpose" by Gina Bianchini.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Purpose, by Gina Bianchini, is a book written to help you find your purpose by explaining the connection between it, community, and the power of technology. Gina starts by telling us her story, and how she got where she is nowadays, mentioning her core community, her father, her first Social Network Ning, and her current Community Design Mighty. We can achieve that by following the Purpose 30 ritual, which includes writing our Future Story (a clear picture of how our future could look like for us), creating and falling deeply in love with our Ideal Member, who is the person who needs our community right now; and then taking the big step to transform our Purpose to Big Purpose, by finding a community full of people that fit just as we imagined. The book also shows several mistakes and traps you could fall in and their solutions, as well as examples of people she has worked with throughout her life.

One of the numerous things I found amazing about this book is that it is so carefully written, you can see that Gina wrote it so sincerely, and so tenderly that it makes it a pleasure to read. Also, when there is any type of theory that may not be understandable for everyone, she explains it in a way that anyone can understand it, like Maslow’s network of needs or Skinner’s intermittent reinforcement.

Honestly, the only negative point I can stand out about this book is that it might take you a while to read it, but just because it has so many different concepts and tasks that you should do while reading, like writing your Future Story or finding your Ideal Member for your community, that it might slow down your reading.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars, not just because it meets my requirements to be an incredible book, but because I enjoyed this book like I hadn’t in a while, which was so comforting. Also, being a slow-reading book isn’t that negative in the end, because you have more time to enjoy the book. In addition, it is extraordinarily well edited as well as well written, I haven’t found any typos, spelling, or grammar errors.

I believe that this book’s recommended audience is adults who want to do something with their lives and who have a dream, who have a motivation, but don’t know how to start and need some advice and guidance to be able to accomplish their goal, since it gives us the instructions to create our community step by step, accompanied with plenty of examples and easy to understand explanations.

Purpose
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”