Review of Surviving The Mental Health Jungle

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nicholas Bush
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-bush.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review of Surviving The Mental Health Jungle

Post by Nicholas Bush »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Surviving The Mental Health Jungle" by Patrice Shavone Brown.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

What might be regarded as a mental illness? I can firmly concur with the adage "information is power" after reading Patrice Shavone Brown's book Surviving The Mental Health Jungle. To begin with, mental health is far more interesting than we usually imagine it to be. Identifying the issues in the first place is, in the author's opinion, the first step toward healing; thus, if we cannot fully comprehend what mental health is, we may not be able to cure or avoid it.

Surviving The Mental Health Jungle, by Patrice Shavone Brown, is a book that clearly explains what mental health disorder actually means, as well as what is required to be a mental health counselor. The author shares essential information, including guidelines and the degree needed to become a good counselor, using her loads of experience as a mental health counselor. In this book, Patrice Shavone Brown also explains different kinds of counseling theories as well as how to counsel various kinds of mental disorders. 

The author's extensive expertise, which is one of the things I enjoy most about this book, makes it exceptional in every way and gives readers access to first-hand knowledge regarding mental health. Considering the impactful nature of this book and the amount of information it contains, I must commend the author for a wonderful job done because, by reading this book, I came to realize that mental health disorders are actually deeper than I used to think and also gained vital knowledge on building good relationships with someone who has a possible disorder.

To me, the simplicity used in writing this book is one of its selling points because it was very easy to read and understand, and the author took time to perfectly explain her point to the best of her ability. Again, it would be unwise not to mention how well-arranged and structured this book is, as well as its uniqueness and beauty. This book is perfectly divided into nineteen interesting chapters, with each chapter containing vital information that helps the reader understand more about mental health and mental health counseling. 

All through the book, the only drawback I noticed was the tiny font used in the book, which slowed down my reading speed. Other than that, there was nothing else I disliked about the book. Since I couldn't find any typos or grammatical errors, it goes a long way to show that this book was superbly well-edited. Due to the aforementioned drawback, I would give this book a rating of four out of five stars. I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in becoming a mental health counselor, anyone with a mental health disorder, or anyone who is interested in knowing a thing or two about mental health.

Surviving The Mental Health Jungle
View: on Bookshelves
Night Reader 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-night-reader-1.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Night Reader 1 »

The book sounds interesting it gives knowledge of mental health. Thanks for the review. And take care of mental health.
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

Nicely written review i must commend the author's vast knowledge in mental health illness and councelling. I think it would worth reading. Adding it to my bookshelf ASAP.
ViviVivid
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

Indeed information is power and mental health and illness require more of it. The book seems to be a must-read in today's world. Thanks for the review!
ojukwu2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojukwu2.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by ojukwu2 »

Just by reading this review, I can't deny the fact that I'm already attracted to reading this nook for myself to learn more. Nice job done kudos. Adding to my bookshelf ASAP.
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

Indeed, knowledge is power. I would like to be further enlightened about mental health and will, therefore, be reading this book. Thanks for the review!
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

You gave this book a befitting review that gives me a deep insight into what the book is about despite that I have not read the book. Nice review.
Joshua Feliz
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Joshua Feliz »

That's a Wow, The Author Patrice Shavone Brown has done a great magic on the book that's more way to natural it's divine. I mean it's a miracle I just learnt alot within a twinkle of an eye. I now feel like a mental psychologist. This should go for a 5/5.
Bianca Morano
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: White Nights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianca-morano.html
Latest Review: High Clowder Cats by Ruby Knight

Post by Bianca Morano »

This is a very well-written review. I have an interest in the subject of mental health. Although I am not aiming to become a mental health professional, this could be helpful in some situations. Indeed, knowledge is power! I disagree with Cersei.
reviewerbook17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerbook17.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by reviewerbook17 »

I find this book to be very helpful and it does have a lot of positive aspects. This is a good one.
Caballero paul
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pakiri.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Caballero paul »

I absolutely do énjoy this review and would love to read this book for myself someday. Keep up the good job in producing powerful review
Michael R Stoddard
Currently Reading: Temple of Truth and Lies
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-r-stoddard.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Michael R Stoddard »

An interesting book which resonates insight on mental health. This review is really nice and I will advice that this book is read.
Dahv mpa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dahv-mpa.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Dahv mpa »

Indeed, knowledge is power. I would like to be further enlightened about mental health and will, therefore, be reading this book. Thanks for the review!
Mary Bliss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawman-3.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Mary Bliss »

You gave this book a befitting review that gives me a deep insight into what the book is about despite that I have not read the book. Nice review.
Latest Review:
Jack Brown+22
Currently Reading:

Post by Jack Brown+22 »

This is a very well-written review. I have an interest in the subject of mental health. Although I am not aiming to become a mental health professional, this could be helpful in some situations. Indeed, knowledge is power! I disagree with Cersei.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”