Review of Intermittent Fasting for Women in Menopause

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Awesomely Awkward Dating Tips for Beginners by Tina Kowalski

Review of Intermittent Fasting for Women in Menopause

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Intermittent Fasting for Women in Menopause" by Woods Publishing.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Menopause is usually a scary word for women. It's a difficult phase that every woman has to go through. Your body changes in many ways, and that has a lot of effects. Many women are surprised by the symptoms they get. Although it's something that happens to every woman, it's not that common to talk openly about it. Another topic to bring up is intermittent fasting. It has come across as a very healthy approach. It helps with weight loss or getting healthy in general. In Intermittent Fasting for Women in Menopause, Woods Publishing takes us on a journey to show us the relationship between both of these and how intermittent fasting can help with this difficult stage. The book also provides some good advice on both topics before relating them together. In addition, the book has some recipes for healthy, balanced meals that can help you get through this phase more comfortably.

What I liked most about the book was the reassuring the writer kept doing throughout the book. She knew she was talking about something sensitive. She knew that many of the things she mentioned might be scary. So, she kept reassuring the readers about how this was something normal and how we could get over it like we got over puberty. I also liked how suggestive she was about her advice regarding dieting. I liked knowing that things can be okay even if we mess them up. I find this more encouraging than the harsh tone some people use.

I can't find anything to hate about this book. Maybe there are some nutritional approaches that I don't agree with, but even scientists and researchers don't agree on this. Things keep changing, and we have new discoveries every day. The most important thing is that overall, she talked about balanced diets and types of food that can give you comfort.

Eating right can change your life. It can help you fix many things in your body. So, when going through such a hard phase, good nutrition habits can be a lot of help. This is what the book perfectly presents. Therefore, I rate it five out of five stars. I can't forget to mention that the book received professional editing. I could only notice one minor mistake throughout the whole book.

The perfect audience for this book would be women approaching or going through menopause, but I can recommend it to any woman and also any man who has women in his life.

Intermittent Fasting for Women in Menopause
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I appreciate when an author recognizes the topic can be scary and treat it accordingly, no matter how normal it really is. Thanks for a great review
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

This is a fascinating topic, but what does intermittent fasting consist of, exactly? It would have been so useful to know what the "nutritional approach" is and what symptoms it helps with. I also wonder what's scary about being able to leave periods and contraception behind. It would have been interesting to know more details.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

Navigating menopause is not easy and one of the reasons is that it comes at a stage where women no longer have much energy to be learning about changes in their bodies. Nonetheless, they are forced to live through this phase. Glad there are books like these out there to help them navigate this phase.
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

This book is peculiar, it talks about the health importance of fasting to every woman in her post menopausal life. I suggest that every adult woman should read and discover the its importance. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”