Review of She didnt know that she was loved.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of She didnt know that she was loved.

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "She didnt know that she was loved." by Ms. Virginia Lanier.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Virginia Lanier's She Didn't Know She Was Loved is a book about love, betrayal, and selfishness. Ellen, known as Sister, is born and given out for adoption by her mother. Sara Jones adopted her. Every member of Sara's family loved Sister. She grew up and married Bate, but she just kept messing around with other men in her marriage. Sister demonstrated numerous times how selfish and inconsiderate she could be. She was unconcerned about other people’s feelings, including her husband and children. Her selfishness got the best of her. Was this all there was to Sister? Were there other parts of her that the Jones' were yet to encounter? Find out in this thrilling tale.

She Didn't Know She Was Loved is a captivating read. It contains a wealth of valuable lessons to be learned from its main character's experiences. I learned that no matter how good or horrible a decision is, it always impacts our close family and friends. It might either affect them in a good or bad way. We must pay attention to the needs and sentiments of those close to us.

I like how the plot revolves around black people and their familiar ways of life. For instance, Saul takes the homemade straw broom and sweeps away his footprints out to the handmade wooden gate. This is so that he will know if his granddaughter went there while he was away. That's a classic black folk style, and it's both stunning and amusing to see.

The book was impressively brief and enjoyable to read, even though the writer was not sufficiently descriptive in some parts of the story. It looked like he was trying to summarize the whole story. Some of Sister’s boyfriends barely had much written about them. I could think of it as a result of not wanting to terrify readers with many pages. Everyone over 18 and interested in family-centered stories (rich in life lessons) would enjoy this book.

One issue of significant concern was the structure of the book. There were no chapters. The book was divided into three parts. However, each part was a long narrative with no breaks. Getting a breather was challenging; other readers might feel the same way. Breaking down thoughts into chapters would have helped the narrative.

She Didn't Know She Was Loved was professionally edited, and the language was simple to read and understand. The author did an excellent job of conveying the story. Apart from a few issues, the book was fascinating. However, considering the concerns, I'd rate it a 4 out of 5.

She didnt know that she was loved.
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

This is an amazing review and I will surely check this book out
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Stephanie Stones »

This is an interesting and well thought of review. I would love to try out this book and know more about the fascinating things in it. This is an interesting storyline.
Bianca Morano
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: White Nights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianca-morano.html
Latest Review: High Clowder Cats by Ruby Knight

Post by Bianca Morano »

It has an interesting title, I almost thought it was a sad story. Thanks for the great review. I'm interested to try this one out.
Unique Mary Iloakasia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-mary-iloakasia.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Unique Mary Iloakasia »

I enjoyed reading this review. The positive and negative aspects were properly outlined. It highlights the good job the reviewer did. I recommend this book to all.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”