Review of The Swipe Right Effect

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Review of The Swipe Right Effect

Post by Emily Meadows »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Swipe Right Effect" by C.K. Collins.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

If you have experienced the loss of a partner through a breakup or divorce, you will appreciate reading The Swipe Right Effect by C.K. Collins. The Swipe Right Effect is a nonfiction book written to help people process and recover from losses in their lives. Each chapter in the book offers a story and a suggestion for achieving empowerment. At the end of the book, the author offers a reference section where links to all the resources (books, movies, apps) discussed in the book are provided.

Two things make this book powerful. The first powerful thing is a series of ten interviews the author has with her friends. Each conversation brings concepts like anger, courage, forgiveness, and perspective to life. After the conversations, the author writes about the books and empowerment techniques discussed during their conversation. This is the second powerful thing about this resource. By the end of the book, the reader has a thorough list of things to read, do, and consider while working towards self-recovery.

I enjoyed reading this book. Some interviews were funny. Other interviews were sad. All of them were fascinating to read and entirely relatable. In the book, the author highlights that everyone has a story. The human experience is messy and imperfect, and this book normalizes these truths. The author displays incredible vulnerability by sharing the painful details of her separation and divorce from her husband, and that provides the platform for a thoughtful book.

There wasn’t much I didn’t like about this book. If there is one thing about the book that could have been done better, it is the actual premise of the book! The Swipe Right Effect is positioned as a book for anyone struggling with loss. While I agree that anyone can benefit from reading the stories and utilizing the empowerment resources, I think this book is most suited for straight-identifying women who have experienced infidelity, divorce, or significant struggles in their marriages. For this group of women, the book provides a fantastic, realistic, step-by-step guide toward healing and getting back into the world of dating again.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. It felt professionally edited, which made it easy and enjoyable to read. The resources were well-cited, and I felt inspired to buy books recommended by the author. I also watched a documentary about one of her life experiences: walking the Camino de Santiago trail in Spain. I would recommend this book to women who have faced infidelity, estrangement, and/or divorce and who want to read the stories of ten women who have faced similar struggles. I would also recommend this book to people who have considered solo travel as a form of healing, especially those interested in the Camino de Santiago.

The Swipe Right Effect
View: on Bookshelves
zynnyx_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zynnyx.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by zynnyx_ »

First of all, I love the book cover. Also, I love your review of this book because it is captivating, and it makes me want to read the book.
:D
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

I must say the cover if this book is fascinating and the storyline will be helpful to people. Nice review.
pOrple
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by pOrple »

I believe that the swipe right effect book has an amazing message to bring across. Love the intriguing cover and will definitely help people in need
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Post by Emily Meadows »

zynnyx_ wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 12:38 First of all, I love the book cover. Also, I love your review of this book because it is captivating, and it makes me want to read the book.
Thank you! It's a good book - well worth reading. :)
Julie Gebrosky
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-gebrosky.html
Latest Review: Archer the Therapy Dog by Katie Baron

Post by Julie Gebrosky »

I love that this story is all about recovery. That’s an important stage after the loss of a relationship. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”