Official Review: Never Pay Full Price! Financially free B...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Make the title of the topic the name of the book, and if possible also include the author's name. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
ashley_claire
2018 Reading Goal: 52
2017 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 15
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 128
Favorite Book: The Prince of Tides
Currently Reading: Red Rising
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-claire.html
Latest Review: The Markov Encryption by David N Robinson

Official Review: Never Pay Full Price! Financially free B...

Post by ashley_claire » 11 Jul 2015, 18:21

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Never Pay Full Price! Financially free By Couponing" by Spirulina Sims.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When Spirulina Sims found herself at a crossroads in her career, she began looking for ways to save money while she figured out her new career path. Inspired by the television show Extreme Couponing, she spent months learning the ins and outs of the couponing world and now claims to be able to save a minimum of 50% on daily expenses. Her book Never Pay Full Price! Financially Free by Couponing outlines the basic rules of using coupons and gives instructions on how to get the most bang for your buck at a variety of grocery and drug stores.

This is a great book for people who may have previously never given coupons much thought but are now interested in learning how to use them. The book is written with novices in mind, as it includes chapters that detail how to read a coupon and the specific language associated with them. It may seem silly to teach people how to read a coupon, but I appreciate that she takes the time to include these details that may be easily overlooked. She also includes all of the different types of coupons and mobile apps as well as the best ways to combine them all to get the best deal.

After Sims begins modestly for those who may not be familiar with coupons, she then builds to more complex strategies detailing how to save at specific stores. Complicating this process is the fact that every store has it's own unique policy regarding coupons. I found that giving examples for specific store chains really helps the reader to understand how to translate their new knowledge into a real world situation.

The book is riddled with grammar and punctuation mistakes to the point that it is difficult to read. Specifically, one of the chapter headings is even misspelled. If you can make it through these errors, there are a few tricks that I think even seasoned couponers could learn from. Some of the best tips I found from the book include which couponing websites and blogs to follow. These are helpful resources for those who don't have time to search through all the weekly sales ads to find which store is going to give you the best price for certain items. I think the less time people need to invest in couponing, the more attainable it seems and the more likely they are to try it.

I have to give this book 3 out of 4 stars due to the poor editing of the book. If you are interested in getting started in couponing but have no idea where to start, this book is a great read. For those who already have some experience, I would still recommend this book because it is a quick read and I believe there are still a couple valuable tips you can benefit from, even if you skip the first few chapters.

Never Pay Full Price! Financially free By Couponing
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ashley_claire's review? Post a comment saying so!

Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-al-chakauya.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by Al Chakauya » 13 Jan 2018, 05:53

I loved your clarity in the review. I am sure this will make a great handbook for most people especially those experiencing a global economic crunch which is common in most countries of late. I like a book which is simple and caters for both wannabes and the experienced.

BookHausJ
2017 Reading Goal: 2
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 10
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 676
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ » 13 Jan 2018, 07:31

Reading this review gives me a new idea of how to be able to take advantage of coupon and making extra savings. I admire the Author being able to come up of this book. Everyone must take a serious study on how to use coupon. It looks small but when accumulated it gives a lot.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”