Review of The Music Therapy Studio: Empowering the Soul's Truth

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bef Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Review of The Music Therapy Studio: Empowering the Soul's Truth

Post by Bef Ozo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Music Therapy Studio: Empowering the Soul's Truth" by Rick Soshensky.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Music Therapy Studio: Empowering the Soul's Truth by Rick Soshensky is a book about how music can positively transform, heal, and bring meaning to people's lives. Rick narrates his journey in this field and also shares experiences with some of his clients and how music therapy transformed their lives. Rick helps people who have been through serious trauma discover and express the music inside them. He helps significantly disabled people or people who have been through serious trauma discover and express the music inside them.

I enjoyed reading this book. It showed that music truly is something far more than entertainment. The effects music has on the human mind and body go far beyond what we can think or imagine. Reading this book opened my mind to the numerous possibilities that music has and how it can completely transform the lives of individuals. The stories narrated in this book alone are proof of the power music holds. I came to understand that music therapy involves not only listening to therapeutic music but also the whole process involved in creating music. It involves awakening the unique musical gift embedded in different individuals. I believe this book was written to create awareness and to give hope to people going through various difficulties in life that they could do something meaningful and worthwhile through music, as shown in the growth of the clients Rick had worked with. I like the way the author made reference to a lot of other articles, trying to gather points from the medical field, religious beliefs, and other aspects. Also, I found the organization of the whole book to be very professional. I think the book cover design does justice to the whole book. 

I dislike the grammar structure of this book because I found it difficult to quickly comprehend the messages the author had to pass across. There were so many complex words and terms used that I could not understand them without using the dictionary. Also, most sentences were in complex form. I feel that if the author wants to reach and touch a wide range of audiences, he should have simplified the book and removed pieces of information that may not seem of benefit to the reader. Reading this book makes me feel like it was intended for professionals in the field of music therapy or for people who would want to take a career path in this field. I found a few grammatical errors while reading the book. This means that this book was not thoroughly and properly edited.

I will rate this book 4 out of 5 stars because I believe in the message it carries. This book has the ability to open the minds of people to the power wielded in music. I removed a star because of the dislikes listed above. I also believe that this book can be of great help to everyone who picks it up, helping them to grow in one way or another in various aspects of their lives.

I recommend this book to people looking to heal from various difficulties and abnormalities they're going through. I also recommend it to musicians and those who would want to go into similar fields because this book will open up their minds to the importance and power of music.

The Music Therapy Studio: Empowering the Soul's Truth
View: on Bookshelves
Hansome Menekara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hansome-menekara.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Hansome Menekara »

I realized music is more than just entertainment when I was so depressed. Listening to music helped lift my spirits.
james camangeg
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by james camangeg »

In "The Music Therapy Studio: Empowering the Soul's Truth", there could be different perspectives on what someone might find sad about it.For example, if the review is negative and critical of the book, someone who enjoyed reading it might feel sad that the reviewer didn't appreciate or understand the book's value. On the other hand, if the review is positive and praises the book, someone might feel sad that they haven't read the book yet and missed out on the potential benefits it could offer. Overall, it's important to keep in mind that reviews are subjective and reflect the opinions of the individual writing them. It's always a good idea to read multiple reviews and form your own opinion about a book or any other product.
Phan Đức Quỳnh
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Phan Đức Quỳnh »

I think this book is perfect in every way. It is well crafted, engaging, full of energy, includes community education, focuses on family values and is just an overall positive reading experience. I have nothing to criticize about the author's writing style or the story. For this reason, I highly recommend this book and rate it 5 out of 5 stars. Matchbox Dreams: Book 1: The Drapkin Kids in Dreamland by Douglas Schwartz.
Favour Ugwu Chidinma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favyugwu.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Favour Ugwu Chidinma »

My love for music will make me consider reading the full gist about the book. I'm glad reading through the review.
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

I agree with this book that music is therapeutic and as a lover of music(all kinds) I will read this book soon. This is a nice review.
Clara Tom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clara-tom.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Clara Tom »

This book was lively and I really enjoyed how the author directed all the points in a way that the authors will understand easily. I hope to read this book soon as it was really enjoyable.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”