Review of Infertility

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Review of Infertility

Post by Moo Reny »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Infertility" by K.T. Ellie.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Some women aren't interested in having children but get pregnant, while others desperately want children, but nothing they try works. Infertility: The Unspoken Hurdles by K.T. Ellie has ten chapters and 45 subchapters under these ten chapters.

In this book, K.T. Ellie takes us through her journey of the troubles of not being pregnant. Using her life and experiences as an example, she writes with the hope of helping someone going through the issue of childlessness she battled before she became a mother. Though Ellie has a daughter, before she did, childlessness didn't go easy on her. She tried many means to get pregnant, and due to her vast experience using these means, she explored many options women looking for babies can use to get pregnant.

I like how comprehensive this book is; it shows that the author did extensive research before writing it. She writes from a place of knowledge and information she got from researching, coupled with her personal experience, making this book realistic. The author's intentionality toward helping women through their inability to conceive children is well-portrayed in this book. She writes in a way that will connect women going through childlessness emotionally, seeing that she has gone through that phase before. As a woman, I learned more about what goes on in my body through reading this book.

I noticed something about this book. The book ends with a story of how the author overcame her inability to bear a child, but her dedication talks about losing twins. Seeing that she started this book with the intention and attitude of sharing everything behind her childlessness journey, she seemed to have held that one back, making me feel like she only told some parts of her story and not entirely all.

As much as this book is beneficial, the profane words used seemed pretty unnecessary as they affected my enjoyment of the book as well as the author's sexual preference, but that doesn't stop the book from being a valuable book for women experiencing the inability to conceive children, so I rate it four out of five stars due to my enjoyment. It is exceptionally well-edited, and I found no errors while reading it. The author's storytelling style is engaging and makes you want to know more.

I recommend this to every woman wanting to know more about her body and how her body and activities relate to fertility. Any woman seeking a non-bogus approach to learning about childlessness can read this book as it treats the topic in understandable terms. Every woman or the husband of a woman battling the inability to have children can also read this book to understand how the woman's body works. This book might not be suitable for readers who are offended by homosexuality.

Infertility
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Infertility issues trouble me a lot and I just pray not to encounter such🙏
I love your review. Good job!👍
Gwen Johnson
Favorite Book: Two Brothers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gwen-johnson.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Gwen Johnson »

The cover caught my eye. A Good and honest review. I would also find it unusual that the book is around childlessness/infertility if the author has children. Thankyou
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Holly Goncalves
Favorite Book: Lost Connections
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holly-goncalves.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Holly Goncalves »

Very well-written review, Moo Reny. I appreciated how you include your opinion of the author's writing but didn't allow it to take away from the value of the book. Warning the potential reader of the profanity and homosexual content was an excellent idea and adds to the professional quality of your review. Well done.
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

Every woman's prayer is to birth children because it makes them fulfilled and accomplished. This is a lovely review, well done.
Ajibola Gabriel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajibola-gabriel.html
Latest Review: The Vitality System by Kyle Gonzalez

Post by Ajibola Gabriel »

I can’t imagine what it must feel like for women who don’t have babies and want to have at least one. It must be really hard, especially if they have families that bug them about it and not to forget the society. This book will really encourage women going through the same thing and also educate other people.
Agbata Trust
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Agbata Trust »

Infertility is something that has boken alot of homes and had led to depression. But then I think they are better way to approach it like adoption rather than self hate for not being able to get a child.
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

Infertility is a really troubling issue for women who go through it. It really deals with them and I hope that every woman going through this overcomes it. Great review.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

This book has an interesting concept and tell a unique story i look forward to reading it. Nice review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Motherhood is an experience to have and own. I feel pain of expecting mothers, but thank God for the author's life and story. Welldonw
Mozi Ken
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

Indeed infertility can bother a lot of women. However, I learned one interesting fact from reading experiences like this. It is that these women most times get pregnant when they are no longer stressed over it. Good review.
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

This is an interesting and a fascinating review. I loved how you captured every aspect of the book. I did enjoy reading your review. This is an interesting one.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

This sounds to be an emotional read. Reading memoir is generally my type. However, this gears toward women more than men. And wonen with childlessness can have control over their outpouring of emotion once they are aware of the causes and how to thrive amidst the predicament.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

This is a great book, seeing that the author writes from an experience she is familiar with one can't help but feel her pains, infertility can be difficult and I pray no woman goes through infertility. Everyone that wants kids will have kids easily by his grace.
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

Infertility is a terrible thing bo woman would wnat to go through. I love that the author made the book personal and shared her experiences.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”