Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faith Stacy Leon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-stacy-leon.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Faith Stacy Leon »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Tina Dreffin authored the book Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa. It's a non-fiction story of Tina and her family's adventurous visit to Africa by sea. The writer has long desired to become an adventurer who goes about documenting her traveling experiences. She felt fulfilled doing this because it was one of her major life goals. As a young girl with such a dream, she didn't have the resources to make the dream a reality. However, she believed that it would certainly become a reality in the near future. Tina moved on with her life, and in the process, she met an amazing man named Peter. She was intrigued by his bubbling personality, and in the process of getting to know him, she discovered that he also had a passion for adventures. They fell in love with each other, and Peter ended up proposing marriage to her. Their marriage made it very easy for Tina and her family to visit Africa. It was finally a dream come true for her. Along the way, Tina became very sick. Read this book to know if it affected her journey or if she overcame the sickness and continued to hang out with her amazing family.

Traveling by sea can be scary, especially for individuals who have a phobia of water. I commend Tina, her partner, and her children for their bravery to undergo such a journey considering that, at some point during the journey, they encountered wild sea animals that tried to attack them. The collection of their experiences made this book well-detailed, motivating, and engaging. Furthermore, I was fascinated by the fact that this book was educational. Tina's dream was able to become a reality after her marriage to Paul because she and her partner's life goals resonated. It wouldn't have been easy for Paul to have allowed her to travel by sea to Africa if he had seen the trip as so risky and unnecessary. To me, this entailed that one should check for compatibility of passion and life goals before choosing a life partner. In addition, determination and resilience are essential before one's dream can be realized. Tina was very determined to be an adventurer right from a young age, and she maintained a focus until she accomplished her dream.

Sometimes, only a written explanation of an event does not aid in a perfect understanding of what happened in the event. Adding pictures of the details of how everything occurred in the events tends to make the subject more clear and more understandable to the reader. Pictures that showed Tina's journey to Africa were incorporated. There were inspirational statements added to various aspects of the story, and they were soul-lifting to me. Indeed, success doesn't always come readily. One must work hard for it to come to pass.

I would give this book an excellent rating of five out of five stars. I found nothing disliking in it. It was exceptionally edited. The author did an awesome job editing it because I didn't discover any flaws in all aspects of this book. I enjoyed reading the book more because it was error-free. The incorporation of abuse as a subject also made me rate it well because abuse isn't something to be ignorant of or tolerated. 

Are you an ardent adventurer? Do you love adventurous stories? Do you find books that give a detailed explanation of abuse to be educational and soul-lifting? Have you ever been raped and wished to break free from the guilt? If you strongly feel that any of the above groups align with you, I recommend this book to you. 

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”