Review of Investigative Study Into the Relationship Between Gulf War Syndrome and Well-Being of Persian Gulf War Veteran

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of Investigative Study Into the Relationship Between Gulf War Syndrome and Well-Being of Persian Gulf War Veteran

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Investigative Study Into the Relationship Between Gulf War Syndrome and Well-Being of Persian Gulf War Veterans" by Dr. Kevin C Newton.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Many people see war as either a victory or a loss, but for some people, war has taught them the true essence of life and good health.

Investigative Study Into the Relationship Between Gulf War Syndrome and Well-Being of Persian Gulf War Veterans by Dr. Kevin C Newton is a dissertation presented in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership at the University of Phoenix. 

This study involved a quantitative approach for data collected from 118 Gulf War veterans, with a response rate of 30% from the 362 participants. In an attempt to understand the Gulf War Syndrome (GWS) and the effects of the syndrome on Gulf War veterans, Dr. Newton embarks on this rigorous journey of data collection and research. 

This quantitative, correlational study focused on Gulf War veterans who served in the Persian Gulf War between 1990 and 1992 in order to determine how well they were physically, socially, and emotionally, as well as their overall well-being. According to Levine, "Gulf War Syndrome, or GWS, is the label given to a variety of medical illnesses suffered by veterans who served in the conflicts in the Persian Gulf region." These symptoms include irritable bowel syndrome, sleep disturbances, night sweats, body aches, and many more.

The author was able to quickly compile a significant amount of information on participant characteristics by using an online survey questionnaire. Veterans who participated in the Gulf War between August 1990 and January 1992 were randomly selected for a probability sample.

It is crucial to remember that one of the goals of this research is to offer military leaders, medical professionals, and lawmakers a way to find and create new legislation for service connection disabilities that would apply to service members with GWS.

One of the revelations that stood out to me the most as I read further was that post-war soldiers who were discharged to civilian life experienced more difficulty adjusting than those who stayed in the military. Also, I got to understand that many veterans' marriages ended in divorce as a result of PTSD. Compared to veterans without PTSD, veterans with PTSD reported additional troubles in their marriages and communicated fewer feelings and thoughts to their spouses (Jordan et al., 1992).

The research was insightful and eye-opening. There weren't many severe spelling mistakes, and the author did a great job with the presentation of the facts. I'd rate this piece of work 5 out of 5 stars. The goal of the study was achieved, and many more people will be enlightened. 

This work will be beneficial to those who are working on a research project. 

Investigative Study Into the Relationship Between Gulf War Syndrome and Well-Being of Persian Gulf War Veterans
View: on Bookshelves
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

In my opinion, this book enlightens people about the war on soldiers as seen in this review, the gulf war syndrome is most common but merely noticeable. I am glad the author took out time in carrying out this study. Great book and a wonderful review.
Kenn Nyet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenn-nyet.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kenn Nyet »

While many thesis lie on library bookshelves, Dr. Kevin decided to make the results of his study accessible to a wider audience through a book. I will consider reading"Investigative Study Into the Relationship Between Gulf War Syndrome and Well-Being of Persian Gulf War Veterans" by Dr. Kevin C Newton"
AllTooWell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alltoowell.html
Latest Review: Unlight by Chandra Shekhar

Post by AllTooWell »

War is not an easy topic to discuss, let alone write a study about it. War veterans are one of the most forgotten groups of vulnerable people across the world.
Sophia_D_Ajayi wrote: 04 Feb 2023, 15:26 Many people see war as either a victory or a loss, but for some people, war has taught them the true essence of life and good health.
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Agbata Trust »

I totally agree with your first paragraph. Beyond the loss and win of war there are lessons very concrete one that war offers. Not only that it also makes you place value on peoples life. This is a must read for me.
MARTYSIAN
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MARTYSIAN »

The book "Investigative Study into the Relationship between Gulf War Syndrome and Well-Being of Persian Gulf War Veteran" is likely a scientific or research-based examination of the connection between Gulf War Syndrome and the well-being of veterans of the Persian Gulf War. The study may involve the analysis of medical and psychological data to better understand the symptoms and effects of Gulf War Syndrome and its impact on the lives of those affected.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

Gulf War Syndrome? War does leave a whole lot of scars than I initially thought. I'm interested to know what this might be about. Great review.
suleyman halane
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by suleyman halane »

this is an interisting book for evreyone too read,the first pragraph was abot lessons of war three lessons learnt from this paragrgaph overall great book
Ekuma Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekuma-blessing.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekuma Blessing »

I've been enjoying this book. Beyond the gains and losses of battle, there are some very practical lessons to be learned. Additionally, it encourages you to cherish other people's lives. well done
Kehinde Hussein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kehinde-hussein.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Kehinde Hussein »

I find it awkward that the traumatizing effects of war is often swept under the carpet and barely discussed and I’m glad this book addresses it. The victims of this Persian Gulf war now have a voice to reckon with which I’m glad the author decided to document
Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin
Favorite Book: The Inner CEO
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boluwatife-ade-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin »

War has never been good and most of the time the effect it has on people who witnessed it, especially the military, can be everlasting, thereby affecting their relationship with others. This book is indeed an eye-opener. Great review.
Opara Jerry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opara-jerry.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Opara Jerry »

Great review and also a very nice book but of everything that caught my eye the book titled had to be the most noticeable thing because it’s so long. One will certainly find it hard to remember.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

This is a great review. I believe in a war that they are no victors and soldiers suffer an insurmountable amount of pain in it. The only lesson we learn from this, in my opinion, is that there are other ways to resolve conflicts without blood .
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

I appreciate the author for the great research and work he did in writing this book and I look forward to reading this book. Nice review.
ViviVivid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

Studies like these can help soldiers win the war with their mental health. Thanks for the detailed review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”