Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prose Recount
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prose-recount.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Prose Recount »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Tina and Peter are two people who live life on their own terms and are always seeking new adventures. They are fortunate enough to have found each other and started a family with two adventurous children. The family lives on a boat and uses another boat to explore the coastlines of Africa. The book, Bluewater Walkabout written by Tina Dreffin, takes the reader on a journey through her and her family's unique and extraordinary lives. Tina shares her experiences from the time before she met Peter, their meeting, and the details of a captivating trip around Africa, including a thrilling safari.

The title of the book immediately caught my attention, and the author provides a clear explanation of its meaning. The book is filled with bright and vivid images and maps that enhance the reading experience and make the content more relatable. The cover of the book does a fantastic job of representing its contents and is sure to inspire adventure in readers. Tina's vivid descriptions of her emotions, feelings, and events evoke empathy from readers and make the book even more powerful. The author not only recounts her family's South Pacific voyage but also shares many personal stories from her life, making the book an intimate and inspiring read. I see Tina as a fighter and survivor, and I am grateful that she has shared her story with the world.

Tina Dreffin is an exceptional storyteller who captivates her readers and draws them into the story. From the beginning, I felt a connection to the book, particularly when I came across the quote by Mark Twain in the first chapter. The quote inspired me to pursue my own childhood dream of exploring, dreaming, and discovering. As Tina recounts her adventures, I can sense her happiness and contentment at having lived them. Through her journey, she found the healing she needed and gained a new perspective on life. Reading about Tina's experiences in different parts of the world has helped me appreciate my own life more. Although I may not be wealthy or famous, I feel grateful for the life I have.

Tina's story is not only inspiring to women but to anyone who is going through a difficult time. Despite facing some tough challenges, she did not give up and continued to search for ways to heal. Her unwavering determination is a source of motivation for readers. Additionally, her descriptions of the places she visited are delightful and inspire others to travel. Despite a prior threat, Tina and her family had a wonderful time, especially in Africa, where they discovered that it's not as bad as some people portray it to be.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. There are a few errors in the book though, but they won't affect my rating for this book. I would give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I would recommend this book to everyone who has gone through a rough path in life.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”