Review of The Wind Blows and the Flowers Dance

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bees lifestyle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 157
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bees-lifestyle.html
Latest Review: Peril and Splendor by Caleb Birch

Review of The Wind Blows and the Flowers Dance

Post by Bees lifestyle »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Wind Blows and the Flowers Dance" by Terre Reed.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Wind Blows and the Flowers Dance is a book by Terre Reed. In this book, the author chronicles her personal experience with bereavement. On a bright Saturday, Terre Reed meets Charlie. He invites her to visit a restaurant he is building, but Terre respectfully rejects it. She accepts his invitation later. Charlie and Terre quickly fall in love with one another and marry. After some time, the couple is faced with a grave issue. A cancer diagnosis was made for Charlie (kidney cancer).

Ups and downs are a part of life. This book is specifically on how hard it can kick one at times. Losing a loved one is never simple, especially a spouse or child. Everyone else might change. The ones who were closest to the deceased, however, find it more difficult. To let go of someone you love is never an easy feat. I appreciated how much emotion the author put into this work. I experienced her feelings as I read this book. People who experience grief often feel exhausted, frustrated, dejected, and unhappy.

It was encouraging to watch Terre navigate her reality since she was able to accept and appreciate it. She refused to let the grief's accompanying misery rule her. The chapter in the book titled "Reframing Myself" was one of my favorites because I learned an important lesson from it. Every moment has the potential to be joyful, but we must choose it consciously. This is valid given the variety of experiences we have and the fact that, although we do not influence the events that befall us, we do have some control over how we react.

In every person's life, a choice is a crucial instrument. We ought to make decisions that show courage and strength. We must always make the decision to live, be appreciative, appreciate life's small blessings, fall in love, smile, and cherish our memories and the people in them. I was made aware of how brief life is after reading this book. We should decide to live in the present to maximize our enjoyment. In addition, I respected the couple's union. It was superb and exceptional.

The chapters were very brief, which I didn't like. The flow was consistently disturbed. Because of this, reading was a little challenging, and the book took much longer to finish than I had anticipated. The editing of the book was flawless. There were no mistakes that I found. It's difficult to take away a star given all the lessons I gained from this book. Although I had a negative aspect, I do not believe it justifies taking away a star. Because of the author's excellent work, I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.

For anyone who has lost a loved one, I strongly advise reading this book. The kind of message this book conveys, in my opinion, makes it therapeutic. Readers who finish this novel will be reassured that nobody is truly alone. There is always someone who has gone through what you are going through.

The Wind Blows and the Flowers Dance
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”