Review of Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Awesomely Awkward Dating Tips for Beginners by Tina Kowalski

Review of Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS" by Laura Moss White.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White is a comic book that discusses the substitute teacher job and the hardships a sub goes through. The writer discusses very important and sensitive topics in a very funny way. She illustrates how the subs are required to do all the hard work. Early morning wake-up calls and an erratic schedule have become the norm. Giving them the dirty work is done smoothly. They are expected to do all the required work and be on call, but they never get the teacher's privileges. They can be subjected to harassment, whether from teachers or students, and they are underpaid and underestimated.

I liked everything about this book. The illustrations were amazing. They helped a lot in showing the funny spirit of the book. I like that the writer used humor to tackle such important topics. I'm sure no one who reads the book will ever look at the sub's job the same way again. I felt that I needed to salute every sub for the hard work they do and the silliness they have to deal with. I have to salute the writer for her valuable participation in the educational process, and the fact that she was patient enough to face all these hardships and keep the job. I also salute her for having the courage to speak up. Many people go through different types of hardships, but they never say a word. I can understand that not all people have the same personality or ability to speak up, but this is how societies change.

There is nothing I disliked about the book. I can actually say that I didn't like that it ended; I would have loved to see more. I also felt sorry and angry while going through the pages, which indicates the success of the creators in delivering their message. I saw it as a black comedy book. There are many different types of discrimination and injustice in our society, and how subs are treated perfectly fits both.

Because I enjoyed every page of this book, and because it was informative and sincere in a funny context, I'm happy to give it five out of five stars. I can't forget to mention that the book was exceptionally well edited, as I didn't come across any errors while reading it.

I recommend this book to everyone, especially comic book lovers. I guess no one would hate a short, funny book that will not only make them laugh but will also teach them something about a job they may underestimate.

Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
marwan-mohamed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by marwan-mohamed »

There are many important but underestimated jobs out there. I'm glad some one could speak up and talk about what they are subjected to.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”