Review of Feathered Canyons

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinemezu Okafor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Renaissance: Primordium Book Two by William E. Mason

Review of Feathered Canyons

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Feathered Canyons" by jeannette hanby.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Jeannette Hanby and David Bygott detail the life experience of Hanby, the author, from a perspective that shows her view of life. She expressed the yearnings of her soul and heart, how they both defined her, and how they drove her to achieve her goals despite the many obstacles that seemed insurmountable. The book also shows how subtle influences can change one's perspective and also how one can achieve his or her desired goal if one's heart is firm and fixed on a particular goal.

Feathered Canyons talks about a girl's struggles to follow her dreams and the obstacles she had to go through to achieve them. It describes her family, the people that came into her life, both platonic and romantic, and their influence on her life. It talks about how fickle love is, the simple nature of a girl's heart, and her view of the world. Through her eyes, you can't help but fall in love with nature. The reader of this book can learn about the complexities of her world and the questions she has.

I love the way the writers bring the reader into scenes with such detailed descriptions. We could feel what the protagonist felt. One thing I must not forget to mention was the use of pictures that helped enthrall the reader into the life of the author hence giving the reader a vivid imagination. I also loved the way the author introduced the characters with their unique qualities. The reader will always be able to picture these characters.

Another positive aspect of the book is that it serves as a guide in passing through obstacles. Life is just a bundle of experiences waiting to be had. One should always follow one's heart no matter the obstacles and negativity that seem to block one's path. When in doubt, let your heart guide you, and if you still can’t decide, let things play out. There will come a time when a decision will come to you naturally. Face your fears and live your life to the fullest; there is only one chance at life. This book Feathered Canyons by Jeannette Hanby and David Bygott helps the reader see this through a young woman's life.

I only found one typographical error; hence it is okay to say that the book was professionally edited. Therefore, this did not in any way hamper the sequence of the story or my satisfaction, as the overall experience was excellent. I will rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. The book did not have any negative aspects. Therefore, I have no reason to give the book a lesser rating.

I recommend this book to lovers of nature, conservationists, and biography and history readers. This book can give desired motivation and direction to people who are finding their way in life. Again, I believe this is a nice book.

Feathered Canyons
View: on Bookshelves
Chimomaebuka Ejimchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimomaebuka-ejimchi.html
Latest Review: Jesus Our Great Samurai by Tammy Sorg

Post by Chimomaebuka Ejimchi »

I love reading about other people's stories. I would love to learn about the girl's struggles and what happened to her in life; this book seems to give a detailed description of that. I also like the fat that this book received full stars from the obc reviewer. It just shows how good the book is. I am also sure that I would learn and gain a lot from this book. Thank you for this review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”