Review of Strategic Development of Technology in China

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: CDC. The happy years of a very special IT 'Phenomena' by Hans Bodmer

Review of Strategic Development of Technology in China

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Strategic Development of Technology in China" by Kelly Luo.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

As days roll into months and months into years, technology keeps evolving from better to best with laudable innovative and quantum feats. Ground-breaking discoveries are being recorded in artificial intelligence, telecommunications, robotics, and chips, including quantum computing and autonomous driving, with China enlisting among the trailblazers. Kelly Lou has carefully and unreservedly expounded these concepts in her insightful book, Strategic Development of Technology in China: Breakthroughs and Trends.

The People's Republic of China is not only striving to maintain its position as one of the world's superpowers but has vowed, through its strategic and technological goals, to rank first among the top 100 leading nations in technology. This has been to make life better for mankind, especially in the agricultural and medical fields, respectively, as opposed to propagating strife and wars. I can't agree more with the author, as she confirms on page 168 that "technology should not be used as a weapon to provoke disputes between countries, because the problems facing humanity today, such as environmental pollution, climate change, data privacy issues brought about by the digital economy, and the challenges of artificial intelligence for human beings, are all global in nature."

I enjoyed the chapters on chips and communication, respectively. The author did not only capture the current trend of technology in China and the world at large, but Lou also went ahead to give technological ideas, statistics, and coordinates for five to ten years from now. In fact, by 2030, almost every relevant inanimate material (object) might have a chip attached to it. There might even be more erection of base stations for both 5G+ and 6G networks, with massive commercialization all over the globe. Now, what will top technological brands like Tesla, Qualcomm, UBTECH, Apple Inc., Huawei, Google, etc., be up to by then? Get this book by all means and find out.

I appreciate the blend of short and long paragraphs alike, as well as the many headings. The spacing and arrangement of this piece, including the eye-friendly font size, are superb. It made reading less tiring. This book was exceptionally edited, as no error was found, and I also disliked nothing about it. I am glad to rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

This invaluable book deserves the unalloyed attention of governments, leaders, and individuals who are ready to participate in their respective countries' technological and innovative advancement. I recommend this book to them.

Strategic Development of Technology in China
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”