Review of Discovering Your Authentic Truth

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Review of Discovering Your Authentic Truth

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Discovering Your Authentic Truth" by Guy Brilando.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Do you sometimes feel lost about who you are? Are you struggling with your relationships and seeming to repeat the same destructive patterns every time? If yes, then light has found you. In Discovering Your Authentic Truth, Guy Brilando — the author, exhumes these severe issues and addresses them with crystal clarity, making the book a fascinating read.

This book comprises twenty-five chapters and is broken into four sections with themes that prompt the readers on what to expect within its following chapters. In Section One, which encapsulates chapters one to five, the author introduces the readers to the book’s objective and the use of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) in awakening the mind for better conditioning. Section Two, which comprises chapters six to twelve, recounts stories of difficult situations the author has dealt with over the years in guiding these victims of past traumatic experiences in reclaiming their life and redesigning it to their will. The main topic of responsibility, awareness, core values, and behaviors guide Section Three and its chapters thirteen to eighteen. Section Four concludes and discusses the practical use of these helpful models from chapter nineteen to chapter twenty-five. The core resources you need to make the right changes exist within this book. Why not grab a copy?

Guy Brilando is more than just a retired jet fighter. He is an experienced writer with an unbridled passion for redemption across disturbed lives. His zest fills and pours from his words, and you can feel his enthusiasm toward seeing a positive change in the lives of all he encountered. The language used is relatively easy to understand, as the author tried to make the book as straightforward as possible. However, this book should be read in sections for smooth digestion and a complete understanding of the author’s message, as there’s a lot to unpack. I did unpack two favorite statements of mine from this book that struck a chord, but I’d share just one. It says, “You are perfect, and the answers are within you.”

Part of what I like about this book is that the author was notably consistent in ensuring the reader understands that nothing is wrong with them. Usually, the natural perception of people who seek help is that they are trying to fix something broken. Just like the quote, the author is quick to enunciate that engaging the procedures of NLP or neo genesis or timeline therapy doesn’t mean you are broken, or something is wrong somewhere with you. These issues spring up and can be ridden off, especially when the participant is willing. I also like how relatable the author made his stories and personal experiences. My favorite topic was the challenge with affirmations, and I agree with the challenges the author listed. It doesn’t work for me because I don’t know how to lie to myself with repetitive words. But Brilando tweaked a new technique on how one can reach a merger with their subconscious and utilize the full power of affirmations.

Above the ingenuity, this book is exciting and puzzling. It would suck you in and hold you spellbound until your headaches and fingers are numb from turning the pages. It would also take the reader deeper within themselves and unravel the root cause of their mental conditioning. Furthermore, this book is professionally edited with minor errors, and there’s, sincerely, nothing dislikeable about this book. Therefore, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

I recommend this book to readers looking for a redemption plan out of self-destructive patterns to live a life full of purpose and happiness. You have come to the right place.

Discovering Your Authentic Truth
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Wow, your review is brilliant! It takes many years, in my opinion, to discover your authentic truth. I also like the quote you mentioned. It is very true, yet difficult to live with. The book sounds like a perfect read for me!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Emmanuela Amasiobi
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuela-amasiobi.html
Latest Review: The Poison Of Perfection by Angela Wadley

Post by Emmanuela Amasiobi »

The book provides insight into how one can regain and rediscover one's true self. Finding out one's true personality can be tricky but we have to understand how we function. Thank you for your honest review.
Kemzy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Kemzy5 »

I must say this review is excellent and insightful. I want to learn more about how to detect my authentic truth. Great review, well done.
Shedrack A
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

This book would be essential to those who are on a journey to find themselves and discover their purpose. Personally, I feel this journey is a long one and should be taken patiently.
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

The road to self-discovery is very long and tedious at times. I hope this book provides effective strategies that can help readers find their true selves quicker. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”