Review of God is love

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Akshi Porwal
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akshi-porwal.html
Latest Review: The Heat Is On by Afzal (Al) Sovani

Review of God is love

Post by Akshi Porwal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "God is love" by Mariela Rodriguez.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

God is Love is a book about a woman’s faith in God. Mariela Rodriguez explains how her faith got cemented in God. Mariela grew up in a religious household and always believed in God. But one incident increased her faith in God. As a young woman, she went to a spiritual retreat where she had an out-of-body experience. She went into a trance-like state where she felt like some entity overtook her. At this moment, she realized that love is God and God is love. For the rest of the book, Mariela speaks about how a good Christian should behave. They should be forgiving, faithful, and most of all loving. The book is divided into two parts. The first part is written in English, and in the second part, the same story is written in Spanish.

Now, let's talk about some of the positives of the book. The best thing about this book is that the book is written in both English and Spanish. This will ensure accessibility to a broader audience. God is love is the perfect read for a Christian reader. It captures the journey and faith of a Christian perfectly. The author also emphasizes good conduct that should be followed by every person.

The book does have some demerits as well. The book is full of superstitions. The author has a blind belief in God that goes beyond faith. According to the author, everything is a sign from God, from the smallest to the biggest incident. She sometimes forgets the difference between a simple coincidence and a sign. The writing was also rather elementary. The book sounded like a long essay.

I would like to give God is Love 3 out of 5 stars. The book can improve on its writing and the author should gain a broader perspective. The book can improve by getting more feedback. I have given this book 3 stars because the book provides a good account of faith and the journey on God’s path. The book has done exceptionally well in its editing, as I could not find any grammatical errors, inaccuracies, or typos.

I would not recommend this book to a wide range of people. As already mentioned, the book is for people of the Christian faith. The book is a short read and each part can be finished within an hour. Christians can give this book a try to learn about someone else’s journey.

God is love
View: on Bookshelves
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Indeed God is love! I'm curious why the book is full of superstitions. Was it not based on Bible? Was it based on the author's theory? I'd like to find out. I like your review anyway. Simple and concise!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”